xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Www.free-webhosts.com When privacy is not kept

Interesting enough, I stumbled across what I find to be plain stupid.

look here

Now you can change the reviews_x.php part in the address where x can be 1-10, but if someone was smart and depending on how long this had been going for, all this information could have been logged and quite possibly linked to users of free hostings.

I ain't commenting much on this, but should reviewers be warned before they do this?

MC

Very very intresting. I'll raise this issue with their webmaster.

BTW, shouldn't Xisto be concerned about privacy too at, http://www.onestat.com/aspx/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fapp%2fstart.aspx

Specially the last 20 visitor section reveals some good information.

Their TOS clearly says that the statistics for their free accounts are publically available. If you want privacy of your visitors go for paid service.

I'm just pointing a fact, no commenting.

i don't show up in the last 20 visitors list....? someone else from melbourne australia is accessing the site but its not me... anyway... most of the stuff in the hit counter is good to have public. people like to see who visits the site, what countries the main audience is, etc... On one of my websites I use a free hit counter from cqcounter.com

i don't show up in the last 20 visitors list....? someone else from melbourne australia is accessing the site but its not me... anyway... most of the stuff in the hit counter is good to have public. people like to see who visits the site, what countries the main audience is, etc... On one of my websites I use a free hit counter from cqcounter.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The other person from Melbourne was me :) . I don't actually live in Melbourne but it is only a 1 and a half hour drive from my house and its alot more well known so its close enough. Anyway I agree that most of the stuff on the site is ok to show and I don't think any of us actually care but I do think we should have been warned when we signed up, or were we?