xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Swordfish

Performance > 6600GT PCIE

well im sure you all know about the new PCIe technology, but i was wondering what you guys think on the 6600gt PCIe card. I should be getting one this week - the card has been recommended to me by many people, as it is an affordable card which offers the bells and wistles of the 6800 series but just not as fast.opinions?

why not agp? to my knowlege this pcie is just as good as agp, so why not agp... im not gonna blame u for buying this, but i always thought agp was the best... i could be wrong, but most mobos today have agp built in... idk, ill let other ppl battle this one out cuz i only have a limited knowlege of how graphics cards are these days :P hope that helped :P

Well PCIe has physically faster bus than AGP. So naturally it is faster. But how fast , say, a graphics works depends how well it takes advantage of the faster bus. PCIe is not a bad choice to buy. As long as money is not an issue.

the 6600 gt is a very good graphics card for the money. it is very fast and can handle all of the new games at this time. it is slower than the 6800 series and you will definitally notice the difference if you get a 6800 series card. the 6800 gt is also a very good card for the money. its less expensive than the 6800 ultra, but almost as fast.

The curretnt PCI-Express buss has the equivelant speed or AGPx16 (trice as fast as the current AGPx8)The main reason behind PCI-e is to replace PCI.PCI hasnt got much faster since it was introduced, and some network cards can go faster than the pci bus allows.but just remember, Bus bandwidth isnt everything, and a much cheaper AGPx8 card will still be capable of running the lastest games for a while yet.

There won't be a difference in prestations with a agp version, but pcie is important for the future and will replace agp and pci sooner or later. So if the pcie card isn't overprized, and you have a pcie slot on your mb, why schouldn't you buy one? :D