xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

What Is This? Microsoft denies it...

Instead of me telling you, take a look at this

Screenshot sent by MS

Notice anything about it? Remember this screenshot is sent by Microsoft, but if you can spot what I'm talking about, about this screenshot, please mention your answers.

Cheers,

MC

Hu..  :P  They're using Firefox as webbrowser  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to Xisto,

Yes that's the weirdest thing, although Microsoft Employees are not bound to use Microsoft Products, but when submitting screenshots to the News it might pay to actually use your own product this time.

They have been denying the fact that they did anything of the sort, but unfortunately, the News would not lie about this, and if they did, of course Microsoft would have pulled out their Law book because of falsifying them, but this has not been the case, all they did was deny it and move on.

I am sure Microsoft look at open source programs all the time, their IE popup blocker that they've finally implemented just looks exactly like Firefox's method of implementing it, although I do believe they would have rewritten it from scratch with the aid of Firefox's source and made sure they were not breeching any of the GNU/GPL license, but how would we know they didn't just copy it? It's closed source and only thing that we could do is reverse engineer it, which again, goes against Microsoft's terms.

If it does go against GNU/GPL licensing, how is it going to be enforced, this brings up another thing that Microsoft may try to take advantage of.

Cheers,

MC

I'm not surprised that Microsoft uses products of competitors. Now that's just smart, knowing what the opposition is about. But posting screenshots... LOL :P I bet that was some disgruntled employee who did that. :P About MS using GPL code in their products... I doubt this, it would be too big of a risk. I'm not all too familiar with the US laws in this matter but if there was reason to doubt that MS uses GPL code in un-GPL product could a court force MS to reveal the IE source to be compared to GPL protected one?

hehehe, this is funny, i think they just use firefox cuz they know MSIE stinks really hard:) msie is the worst browser ever. If you trust a a stupid enough person with msie, your pc will be fried in no time. MSIE is very lousy when it comes to adware or trojan protection.

Well i think it's not that they are lousy about protection, but they are of course much more targetted by hackers/crackers etc, because when you find one of the many holes in IE you can attack more people then if you find an FireFox hole. ALSO, very important, FireFox is open source, and people have no bad thoughts about Mozilla. Microsoft has ' offended' many people with their silly actions. And even if there was a hole found in FireFox, if you report it to them you get money for it. I don't see M$ doing that.And ofcourse, patches for FireFox are way faster online than IE's (if any)

lol, i have to admit...i didn;t catch it first. But it's funny nevertheless. I guess not all their employees are completely loyal to Microsoft =P