xisto Community
odomike

are meta tags really good for SEO? relevance of meta tags....

thanks lib2day. i am grateful to you for the links you just gave me.. I will go check them out now. thanks once again :D:D

You need good keyword density, plenty of backlinks and good content. Why do you think blogs are so popular in google searches?Meta tags are easy enough to put into a site and are probably worth the 10 mins spent putting them there. The robots.txt tag is fairly handy as it tells the spider how often and where to visit.

You need good keyword density, plenty of backlinks and good content. Why do you think blogs are so popular in google searches?
Meta tags are easy enough to put into a site and are probably worth the 10 mins spent putting them there. The robots.txt tag is fairly handy as it tells the spider how often and where to visit.

i have always done that and i have ensured that i include the robots.txt tag in my website tags. i never knew those help at all. now that i know, i will always ensure that i add them in any site i design

as far as i can gather it's a combination of a few thing which help your serps. meta tags on their own won't get you anywhere, but if your keywords are placed carefully throughout your page at the right density without spamming then you're getting somewhere. then you start the laborious task of finding link partners and getting backlinks to your site with your most important keywords. it's fairly simple but also fairly time consuming.if you want to check your site out for all this crap go to seo doctor(do a google search for it)

It depends - if you like to optimize for google meta tags are ignored by google crawler. In yahoo or others search engines the meta tags are visible.SEO is the most important thing to make a good position in search engines. I prefer web gold - it make a good position in google. Page rank is only a one factor from many.