xisto Community
Pokona.com

Staying Awake....

This a little random, but say you need to stay awake to finish something. Maybe a papers due....maybe you don’t believe in sleep....maybe you need to write 50 tutorials by Saturday because your old web space provider decided to put this enormous pop up on your website and your too broke to afford decent web space. Never the less, he's what I do to keep my eyes open :P

Coffee and Other Caffeines

In my records, if I am constantly drinking say a coke, I'm not going to fall asleep or loose concentration. I think just swallowing anything cold does a good deed in keeping your eyes open.

Radio

Listening to a good radio station keeps me focused enough to keep doing what I'm doing without drooling on my hands.

Tap Sh!t

If you keep tapping your foot on the ground or shaking your leg or banging your right thumb on your desk fast enough to resemble the sound of a humming bird; it works as another focusing tool.

THE WHAMMY!

Drink caffeine, listen to the radio, and tap on something at the same time…. No way you’re going to dose off.

Have fun with that. :P

when i was sick, i had to take this medication. it's some kind of powder. you do it in hot water and drink it up. the doctor assured me it wasn't antibiotics. and it wasn't! instead of feeling weak i felt super. so i checked out the manual, which said sportsmen shouldn't take it because they might sign positive when tested for dope :|grrrreat!so now, i take it when i'm supertired. not very healthy i guess, but i only take it about twice a year, so i don't think that's gonna kill me, hehe.first solutions: going out in the cold, take a run, coca cola and a good shower in icy cold water.

It's best not to stay until very late into the night because depriving your body of sleep will cost you to be really tired the next day. That would be bad if you have an exam or something important!

i would poke my eyes .. :P(Disclaimer: I disclaim all responsibility for the accuracy of, and reliability of the information, and for the consequences arising from the use or misuse of the information, including damage or adverse effects to persons or property however such damages or effects so arise.) or doing some exercise is a good alternative.i prefer sit-ups or push-ups

when i was sick, i had to take this medication. it's some kind of powder. you do it in hot water and drink it up.

the doctor assured me it wasn't antibiotics. and it wasn't! instead of feeling weak i felt super. so i checked out the manual, which said sportsmen shouldn't take it because they might sign positive when tested for dope :|

grrrreat!

so now, i take it when i'm supertired. not very healthy i guess, but i only take it about twice a year, so i don't think that's gonna kill me, hehe.

first solutions: going out in the cold, take a run, coca cola and a good shower in icy cold water.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh god....now theres a good idea...I'd like to ehar the name of this powder as soon as possible so I cna look into the effects and what not. I'm a procrastinator so I save almost every project I've ever had to do for the last minute so using that powder to keep me awake would be a pretty nice thing to have. Of course I wouldn't do it often cuz if it says it may show signs of dope....I could just possibly have dope in it :o lol oh well none the less get us that powder name ASPA :P :P: D :o

eh....i wouldn't trust that kind of 'powder.' I'd rather not go through that mess...and later find some kind of side affect that'll harm me in the future. Same with coffee. I hate drinking coffee.

eh....i wouldn't trust that kind of 'powder.' I'd rather not go through that mess...and later find some kind of side affect that'll harm me in the future. Same with coffee. I hate drinking coffee.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coffee is okay, especially like French Vanilla from hotels when its already made in the lobby, as for that "powder" I just think the doctor doesn't like you, its kinda like that male-nurse that killed like 6 ppl i think, but Im sure nobody would do that to you *cough*BS*cough* Anyway, stick to Flinstone Vitamens to wake you up, or anything FDA apporved.

interesting topic... staying awake is all mind over matter. if u tell ur body to stay awake, most likely u will stay awake. if u pump ur body with sudo-drugs (caffiene, sugar pills) u will eventually have a crash. in my personal expierence, if i get involved in a heavy lan game of halo2, then i will stay awake and never get tired until the wee hours of the morning. that could be the effect of a little caffiene equivilant called adrenaline. my friend once didnt sleep for 72 hours because of the insergant fire above thier heads thru 2 nights... thats adrenaline guys. he came back and didnt sleep for ever. we finally took him to the doctor to drug him, but adrenaline can do many things to ur body :P

It's ironic this topic came up now, because I know I'm going to be pulling a couple all-nighters editing a film I've got in the works. As long as I'm doing something I enjoy doing, I'm usually fine when it comes to staying awake... But when I'm stuck doing something I find dull, it's like my brain decides to go on vacation without me. I guess it just goes to show that you should get a job that you enjoy, so you'll never need to worry about using coffee...In the meantime, I'm going to pick up a couple of Red Bulls.... Sometimes I think that stuff only works because I want it to :P

Just an update: Red Bull can do wonders (though I wonder if it has any potential long term side effects ^_^ ). I got the film done and it turned out wonderfully. Luckily, I picked up a 4 pack of RedBulls at Walmart for $5 something.. which was really cheap compared to just buying a single can for $2. Best thing I can suggest for anyone who wants to stay awake is to get plenty of sleep beforehand :D