xisto Community
gogaoep

Cs Source CSS discussions

CS source isnt meant to be a new game.. it doesnt claim to be.its the same old counter strike, but it uses the Half-Life 2 engine.in other words.. same old ganme, better graphics.. (love the bump mapping !!!)Counter strike is a tacticle game, like chess... if you can appreciate the skill involvde and enjoy competing againsed others, its a great game... but if you want plot, story line, or Thermo neuvclear missiles like in Ut2004 then you wont enjoy the game.pesonally, i think its excellent if you can find people of a similar skill level to you..sometimes you end up playing againsed th kids who play it all day every day, and you just spend most of the time dead :)

Counter Strike Source is an excelent game much like Counter Strike was and still is. The graphics are great and the gameplay is same as old. I have to agree with that last coment though. If you are looking for plot you should not be looking at FPSs, (though the Half Life series does a good job) go play an RPG or something for that. And again if you are looking for massive power weapons and nukes Unreal Tournament is for you... or alternativly a Metal Gear Solid game will do :D For sheer fun factor Counter Strike Source is one of my own personal favorites. I mean I bought Half Life 2 specifically to play the dang thing and frankly I am not disapointed. Hell I only played 5-6 hours of Half Life 2 compared to in excess of 40 on Counter Strike Source...

Online gaming rocks... Counter Strike Source Rocks...

As for system requirments here are the ones for Half Life 2 and I am assuming you need for steam aswell. You can play it on most wether or not with the full graphics is questionable. Here is the list for referance:

Minimum System Configuration

1.2 GHz Processor

256MB RAM

DirectX 7 capable graphics card

Windows 2000/XP/ME/98

Mouse

Keyboard

Internet Connection

CD or DVD rom drive (retail version only)

Preferred System Configuration

2.4 GHz Processor

512MB RAM

DirectX 9 capable graphics card

Windows 2000/XP/ME/98

Mouse

Keyboard

Internet Connection

CD or DVD rom drive (retail version only)

I am interested in purchasing half-life 2. What are the minimum requirements? I have to know first before I buy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First, Half Life 2 along with CSS are great and are both definitely worth the money.

As for the requirements, make sure you have 512 mb of RAM first. If you have 256 or less, don't even think about it. The game will be skippy, and load times will seem like ages. Processor, anything above 2.0 ghZ should do fine (so anything bought within the past 2 years).

I have an nvidia geforce FX 5200 which is a POS graphics card, but I can still run the game fine in 800x600 with medium details. So if you have anything above that in the Geforce series, or Radeon equivalents or Ti ones then you should be good to go.