xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rmdort

Firefox Problems Firefox one of the worst browser

Switching to firefox is just general good advice.a virus got in through IE on my windowsXP machine, and setup a local Prixie, then set IE and outlook to use this local proxie.for about 2 months, all my dads emails's and website activity was passwed through a virus proxie.it it wasnt for me noticing "127.0.0.1" apearing in Internet explorer just before loading each webpage, this could have gone undetected for alot longer.dureing this 2 month period, he started using servies like Paypal and Ebay. passwords and usernames are sent via email...in plain text form.paypal all setup to make transations from my dads credit card, and the paypal password passed though a virus on several accasions, luckily i spoted it when i did and could cvhane the passswords before anything happened.And yes,, there are far too many windows vs Linux, and IE vs Firefox threads.but you are not helping by posting "firefox sucks" in theards are are dead / dieing.this just makes the problem worse.its called Flame Baiting....and giving me negative feedback because i gave you negative feedback is pretty childish.So lets all act responsably, There are too many of these types of threads....solution, well, there's nothing you can do, but posting what you did is likely to restart this argument.

ok i agree about the reputation thing , but then again that thing is utter nonesense and childish in its own way ... but also a man shouldnt be given a -1 reputation cause he think something suck .. if i said George W. Bush suck ? would u give me another -1 ? it's my opinion . i dont see why it's FLAME .... i am not flaming ur mother or your race .. i am flaming a damned browser ... i dont see ur point .

Firefox not only has zillions more features than Internet Explorer, the key is sercurity, and you won't get any installing spyware using it. Also it crashes a hell of a lot less than any other browser so I don't think you can really complain about that.

maybe it's not meant for noobs. but it rules once you know how to work with a computer.

even my mom uses it. i gave it an IE theme and she's not having any problems with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't even say it's not meant for noobs. I qicked it up in like 30 minutes of fooling around with everything to master it, and I suck when it comes to learning ne software. It handles like a street bike compaired to the old moped that is IE. ;)

yes i agree but using internet explorer there are loads of popups, virus, spywares that can be downloaded by accident through this. i have tried firefox but didnt find it really interesting at all, at the moment im using netscape almost the same, but firefox didnt have as much features as netscape. like the multiple managers, tabs that are already ready there for a link to be dragged into.

yes i agree but using internet explorer there are loads of popups, virus, spywares that can be downloaded by accident through this. i have tried firefox but didnt find it really interesting at all, at the moment im using netscape almost the same, but firefox didnt have as much features as netscape. like the multiple managers, tabs that are already ready there for a link to be dragged into.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Inside Tools: Advanced Options: Uncheck the box which says Hide Firefox Tab Bar when Only one page is open

ONLY complaint is that it takes a while to load the program at first (maybe 3x as long as IE)

chris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats because the native IE engine is built into windows. Which means, more than 70% of IE is already loaded (do you find some strange similarity of it to Windows Explorer??) when you boot into windows.. When you click on IE - it just spawns off as a little different looking interface and loads it as a browser. So there.... you could, in effect achieve the same thing by typing an URL in the address bar of windows explorer when you are connected to the net. No credits to microsoft for their FAST LOADING browser ;)

On the other hand - considering firefox being a third party app - the load speed is quite amazing compared to other browsers !! I think all of you'll agree

I use firefox myself, its a great browser, the next generation browser, with its share of problem, but unlike ie these aren't security holes, firefox is great, tabbed browsing is the best, and their are numerous extentions to it, as for blocking wanted popups, their is a yellow bar at the top telling you it blocked something, if you want the popupo click the yellow bar and selct show me (window name for the popup).

Please. If you think Firefox is hard to understand, blah blah, take a look at the (far superior) Opera browser. It's about the best browser I know of ('sides Lynx:), but very advanced. Netscape? It turned me off as soon as it installed all those AIM stuff. Besides, you can get Mozilla. Anyway, if you only saw IE, you may think Firefox is the best, but I advise Opera.Also, IE isn't THAT bad. Quit surfin' the pr0n.

i have to agree - what is wrong with firefox ??Firefox Problems

I like firefox for many reasons , but its not normal then fresh installation of latest version (08/2009) is taking almoust 100 Mb from ram

what this browser is doing with such a large memory usage ??

-reply by andy