xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rmdort

Firefox Problems Firefox one of the worst browser

Mainly, its just nice for Adblock. Get the extension and use it. You can shut off any banner ads or flash distractions that people put on their webpage. Just make sure to only shut off the ones that are actually distracting or irritating. If people block them all, then people will come up with something even worse. If you block only the annoying ones(unless you find all of them annoying) then that is an incentive for advertisers to stop being annoying.

the tabbing feature is cool but i get annoyed with firefox because sometimes when i have lots of tabs, say 10-15, it doesn't allow me to surf as if my internet connectionw as dropped. when this happens i have to close to browser and restart it, then it works.

you do realize that having 10-15 tabs open is sorta like having 10-15 copies of internet explorer open and doing stuff right? The problem is you are probably using up all the ram your system has, and its slow because its swapping to the hard drive all the time. the answer is to either, A get more RAM, or B, don't open up so many tabs.

Firefox is using the highest amount of RAM when compared to IE.. When i open 1 firefox window with 4 tabs the memory usage is about 73MB ram.. But when i use IE it jus around 30 MBSo wat do u think now... Firefox gobbles so much of memory.. n my system hangs....Check out in u COM too.. Firefox does consume more RAM than IE...

I'm just full of praise for Firefox. I think that my browsing experience has improved vastly since I switched from IE to Firefox. One thing I like is the wide range of plugins written for Firefox like a plugin which allows me to subscribe to RSS feeds easily.But I must say it's still pretty much unstable vs IE for now, it crashes a lot

I think that my browsing experience has improved vastly since I switched from IE to Firefox.

But I must say it's still pretty much unstable vs IE for now, it crashes a lot

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm really not surprised that it improved. To be honest I think that no matter which browser you changed to it would have improved some. As for the crrashing I believe that even the experimental FF crashes less than IE.

I'm not adding too much to this discussion. But, I want to mention that I use firefox on my newer PC and I really like it. It seems clean, really fast and does what I want it to. I think if someone complained about the interface being difficult to use, it might be more of an issue of the interface not working *exactly* like IE, because outside of tabbed browsing, which you aren't forced to use, seems pretty much the same to me. Regarding crashing, it's never crashed on me. That's not to say that it is extremely stable, just that it hasn't crashed on me. As for the post about Opera (7 years ago) being sloppy, I have buddies that swear by it nowadays. ... Different strokes for different folks eh?

I have used firefox for a while now, and I guess that you can see by my siggie where my browser loyalty is.I have not discovered one problem with it yet.It has not sucked my processor, and I have not had any problems with the interface.The tabbed browsing takse a little getting used to, but once you do, it is the best thing since sliced cheese. J/K, but it really is a nice feature. I fail to see how that website gets it's information....

VBScript is not supported and i hate that....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've never really found a use for VBScript. I guess the fact that I am on a linux machine kind of makes a difference.

I can't remember a website that I use frequently that uses VBScript.

That is also a very popular way of infecting machines with both spyware and viri, so I'm not surprise that it isn't supported in Firefox.