xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ThinkEr1405241472

Pc Vs Console Which 1 Is better. pc or console

--------------------Pc --------- 1)Pc's cost more.But you get what you pay for. 2)Better graphics than console,Powerfuller and can do other things other than games. ----------------Console----------------------- 1)Made for gaming 2)cheaper 3)releases come out first(eg.gta:san andreas) ---------------conclusion---------- The pc is more versatile,and has more games.Pc is the better option GENERALLY.What do u Think ???

well, releases don't come out for consoles first. It depends on the game. Things like GTA are console based games, so they come out for consoles first. Other games start on the PC and are slowly ported to consoles.For me, the PC is the best choice. These days, a cheap PC will play most games, and you have a HUGE library to choose from. Go to a PC store like CompUSA in the states and there are older PC games for like 10 bucks. Some of the older games are fantastic as well.Then there are the emulators. Any game up through almost the playstation 1 can be run on your PC. Even the few good N64 games are available(for free, though its not very legit).On the other hand, Consoles don't give you any BS. Windows games usually install just fine, but unless you have a powerfull machine, you really don't know how well it will run(or even if it will run, some games are still released rather buggy). Linux doesn't have many games, though that is changing. Be that as it may, linux is still a pain to deal with until you have a lot of experience with it. The Mac is about the state of linux for number of games, but easier to deal with. So, your windows pc is the only real option(especially since some games demand directx, which you won't get anywhere else). With a console all of that stuff is gone, just buy the game, put it in, and play. For the casual gamer, this fact plus the long term cheaper costs make it a good option. the only problem then is which system to buy. :P

What about consoles based off PCs?Xbox has proven to be a nice file server/media center/games console for me after modifying it, adding a larger hard drive, MS must have thought they would have recovered the expenses through their game sales, as how many PCs at 733MHz, 8/10GB HDD, GeForce3, DVD drive could be sold at that low price based on computers with similar specs?If everyone took on modifying Xbox's MS would really get annoyed if they aren't annoyed about it so far.If I had to choose between console or PC, it's most definitely is PC, I ain't into gaming as much as I use to be when I was younger.MC

This one's pretty easy: PC.The benefits of the PC lie directly in the shortcomings of the console, namely lack of ability to do anything other than play a game or watch a movie. I used to be a pretty hardcore gamer, but now I reside myself to mainly using my computer for everything besides gaming. However, the single most important feature that the PC holds over the console in my opinion is the mouse. FPS games were revolutionized with the inclusion of the mouse-look. No longer was I bound to hitting keys at just the right time to make sure I shot in the right direction. I have yet to see a console FPS that matches the targeting ease of a PC with a mouse. Pure and simple.There are some games thought that benefit most from consoles. I prefer to play most RPG games (FF series) on consoles, even if they were available on the PC. I dunno, I just like them better on the TV with a bunch of friends around rather than sitting alone at my screen. Same goes with sports games, with Madden at the top of the list.In the perfect world I'd own both, but I'm quite happy realistically with my PC.

My verdict would be pc as it is more powerfull. The variety of games but also it is so versatile. It's where i store all my music. I can burn DVD's and also use it in a variety of purposes as for chatting online (MSN), finding information, it has helped me heaps during my schooling years so far and the most important thing is i can design using Adobe Photoshop (which can lead to a profitable business).But on the otherhand the console is pretty good as such since it's a fun multiplayer investment. Where as with a computer you would have to network computers and that would be fairly costly. I know theres alwasy the other alternative of Internet gaming on PC but if your not with a good ISP, it may let you down. Also there is Network gaming on consoles which i have for my PS2, and i'm greatly pleased with the free service.With that being said my verdict still goes to PC, as it really is a media centre and so versatile and can make a profit with it (i don't think i've ever seen some make a profit by playing a console unless they are into designing, but still leads back to computer).thx for staying with me on that one

What do u Think ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HELLO!

wich one is better?

this is a silly question.

it is like asking if you prefer a formula-1 car or a station waggon.

If you pick the formula-1 racing car you will get hell on maintanance

or even to get the car going.

you will need a whole team of helpers (just like with a PC)

and you are not allowed to drive it where ever you want

because of the extreme capabilities

if you pick the station waggon you will be on the road right away

Im not gonna argue the betters of the F-1 or the PC you get the picture.

A formula-1 car like a computer demands a high level of expertise

this fact is one of the main reasons why it thakes so long to

get everybody(the rest of the people in the world) into the digital world.

there should be more consoles

for different uses

we need people who like it easy.

to remind us that we should not wast time on things we have no use of

:)

--

Am Heimcomputer sitz' ich hier

Und programmiert die Zukunft mir

I totally agree with you there heim, If a company brought out a console that could have some of the features that a PC has, but still user friendly, then they've got a winner there. As it would be cheaper for the not so regular or expert users but who still like some of the features of the PC. Becuase compared to a PC, a console is a lot cheaper. But then if they start adding too much it would become too expensive or not user-friendly and that just makes the console look more of a rip-off of a PC and worst. So all i can say is give the console some more features and keep it cheap and i'll be happy. :)

I'd have to say the PC. One time, my Uncle took his iMac and put it on a little pedestal thingy, and my sis and I used it like a game console, playing Bugdom. :) We didn't have a gamepad, but it was still pretty good with the keyboard and trackball mouse... :P

Pc..... If you picked console than you're crazy. Well maybe not, but can a Nintendo download games off the net? Can xbox load software like Macromedia Studio? Can the ps2 use floppies, Zips and Usb keys?Can any of them use a keyboard not just for typing purposes? Can any of them have Netscape installed on it, and a copy of People Pc and surf the net? Does any of the consoles allow you to check your mail? You may say that consoles are only meant for games, which is exactly why I choose PC.

I'd have to go with the ol' apples and oranges answer. Both the PC and console have their own advantages, and it's up to each person to decide which they prefer. Here's my quick runthrough:

Advantage PC: generally more state of the art, much better for FPS (mouse and keyboard controllers), can be patched/upgraded, large selection of shareware (not to mention non-gaming applications), usually free online playing.

Advantage Console: everyone has the same machine specs (playability constant), no risk of viruses/system crashes, can actually rent games before buying them, systems cost hundreds less and go out of style much slower (hell, I'm still being amazed by my PS2 every day even though I've had it for over 4 years, say that about a PC).

Thus, I find it hard to choose one over the other. Maybe I should just stick with owning both.