xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
animaster

The Best Mmorpgs You've Ever Tried! Ragnarok Online, Survival Project, etc.

^^ MMORPG were a great invention. Until now I only played Tibia, which I still like after half a year. Before I only played online games such as AoM, AoE, Comand&Conquer, etc.My experience with Tibia is very good, and I like it that it's way simpler than WoW, with all these diferent vocs. It's certainly a lot less hard to choose :).BTW, I have a question: Is Morrowind also avilable as MMORPG? Or are you allways on your own?

OK here's my reviews starting from the first MMORPG game i ever played:RUNESCAPE:I must've been crazy when i started playing this game...and it wasn't even RS2 yet!! Well its not THAT bad... Considering it's a browser-based game and yet still very popular.TIBIA:2D mania!! Played this for like 2 months, bored, stopped. Even though its sorta boring to the mind (Slow movement at the beginning), it has always been my last minute game idea as it is the fastest to download and is pretty original enough.PRISTONTALE(Now p2p):Well, this has got to be the best MMORPG i have ever played. 3D and so much cooler than most games i played. The only catch is that it took 5hrs to download to my comp (with a DSL modem!!), its quite laggy, and you don't get to choose your gender. (So its like knight = male ONLY and Priestess = female ONLY). SURVIVAL PROJECT(Not sure if you still can play this game...):Not bad with the graphics, creative and fun! Played this game for about 4 months. When i couldn't get anywhere with it, i quit.RAGNAROK:I'm pretty sure most of you should know what I'm talking about. Played mRO(Malaysian) for about a year till it became p2p. MAPLESTORY:I'm currently playing this game with a level 34 cleric. 2D graphics but that doesn't really matter. At the beginning, the clothes you wear make you look pathetic but when you're of a higher level, your clothes are SUPERBLY COOL! All in all, its kinda like a remake of Ragnarok but with a 2D point of view (Mario navigation based i mean...) :)

Well Project-Entropia has potencial i really like it and... there is Utopia and Face of Mankind ....But i'm looking forward 2 new MMORPG's that r in the making (don't give out names) !!

I haven't tried many MMORPGsVery few actually.I've never played Ragnarok OnlineNor Final Fantasy XINor any other great ones ><I popped into Maple Story for a while but kinda drifted away cause it kept killing my computer ((Damn you slow machine))I've been considering Ragnarok Online for a while now.Perhaps I shall tried it soon.

Ok... I introduced some of those sites to Techocian there... :) Well now... I have 3 more beta testing games to introduce... I play these to kill time before guild wars comes out!I agree that pristontale rocked my socks off about 2 years ago... Then i switched to playing Maplestory, but after encountering the SAME monsters to train on for a very long time... I got bored of it...So I went to find games! I came up with three of them. One of them being a philipline game called Tantra... Rather gorey and very monk-sounding skills and everything... then i tried ROSE online, which is also created by the makers of Ragnarok, Gravity! It was rather cute, save the fact that it is VERY laggy especially in the middle of the day where everyone comes online... I also played A3, The website is rather nice although you must display it in a full screen... The game itself is not bad, except that the music is always the same and it gets on my nerves after listening to it repeating for... one hour or so... So i decided to go to playing ROSE online until Guid Wars comes out! :)

I've checked out a few MMORPGs and my favorite by far is Runescape. I like Runescape because the gameplay is good, but mostly because its free (you can get a members account that you pay for, but there is plenty to do in the free worlds). With a members account you can level up a few more skills and there are items that only members can use.
The longer you play Runescape the better it gets. When you first start it seems pretty boring because all you can do is very simple stuff. But eventually, once you build up your levels some, you can do some pretty fun quests.
Check it out. Runescape

I have played a bunch of MMO's, however my favorite was FFXI. Even though people critisize it for being an annoying game as far as leveling goes, I find it quite fun. I still have 5 or 6 friends that still play, that are high level. I stopped playing a few months ago.

iv played thang onlineok graphic good story and monstersknight onlineits free good graphicthere are like few towns for each nationwars are good but sadly human seems to lose all the timeastoniaIIIgame that has kinda same graphic as diabloits fun but gets old after awhilei played guildwars and ragnarok onlinethere my favorite gameswell thats the only games iv tried so farim thinking about trying out tantra and muonline

iv played thang onlineok graphic good story and monsters

knight online
its free good graphic
there are like few towns for each nation
wars are good but sadly human seems to lose all the time

astoniaIII
game that has kinda same graphic as diablo
its fun but gets old after awhile

i played guildwars and ragnarok online
there my favorite games

well thats the only games iv tried so far
im thinking about trying out tantra and muonline

Never try conquer online... Its a really low graphic game... Its system is not bad but it itself is very lame...

I really like World of Warcraft..play that every day, but was also in the beta of Guild Wars. Guild Wars is a lot of fun, but I found that the graphics were a little bit worse than most other games, and the level cap (20) to be too low. The upside to it is that you don't have to pay a monthly fee...

Go with shaiya if free. WoW or Lineage 2 if your paying. Rappelz is another worthy free game. Don't waste your time on knight online without paying you might get on the server 2 times a week. Oh if you want to pay lord of the rings online is a real good game too.-reply by SoulStryfe

Survival Project (SURP)...

The Best Mmorpgs You've Ever Tried!

I hope there will be a server for it again cause I really liked it and want to play it again Really so if anyone the knows of a server Please tell me

-question by Silver Angel

Like what i said in another post the best massively multiplayer online rpg i have ever played is Ultima Online. It sucks now but back in the day it was great because you could have a house to decorate, pet dragons that kill most things, a mount that fights by you side and can fight better than you, a place where you can have things stolen or steal things from people, and everything in the game that is needed for something can be harvested from something in the game but i dont mean kill mobs to get it.