xisto Community
nealed

PS2 Vs XBox What is better PS2 or XBox

Ps2 Vs Xbox  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would definitely have to give Xbox the edge over PS2.As far as graphics capabilities, both systems are probably limited by the resolution of your TV. (However, Gamecube actually has a slight lead in the graphics department. This is only because their designers typically spend more time developing fine detail within the games. For example, one of their designers spent 6 months working solely on the dust patterns in Luigi's Mansion!)Xbox's real advantage comes in its games. PS2 has no unique games (ones that are ONLY for PS2 and nothing else), while there is a variety of games that are exclusive to Xbox.And now, the two things that fully pushed me over the edge? Simple: Halo and Halo 2. These are a couple of the best games created to date, and they are exclusively for Xbox.

I would say, if you like RPG games, you should get ps2 , because XBOX has very few , or even none of these kind of games. If you like to play online, you might consider getting an xbox because of Xbox live, it is easy to connect and play, and there are many games that can be played online. I personally find ps2 nicer because of all the RPG titles such as Final Fantasy, Star Ocean etc.. depends on what genre of games you like :P..my 2 cents :)...

I think Xbox have a 800mhz CPU...and PS2 has 600Mhz about, I'm not sure...I'll try to find a comparision table..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and the gamecube has tales of symphonia, and a 1ghz processor. Unfortunantly, gcn doesn't have much 3rd party support. Anyways, it got my... Wait, that wasn't an option. Anyhoo, look at re4's graphics. They blow gaylo 2(lol) out of the water. Don't get me wrong, halo is a fun party game, but the on the fly saving and loading in the 1p game is horrible if you save to the hd.

I think PS2 is better, because its controls are easier. I don't own an Xbox, but I've played on one, and I thought it was difficult to push the buttons and use the analog stick at the same time. It's possible to do that with a PS2 controller though. It might just be because I haven't got used to playing with an Xbox controller... ;)

i think the two systems are pretty equally matched i mean on some hands the PS2 is better than the xbox and the xbox on some hands is betetr than the PS2 for instance when it comes to graphics the xbox wins but when it comes to better gameplay i believe the PS2 tops the cake especially for RPG gamers like me you dont see final fantasy games coming out on xbox so their is my opinion on that

Both have their pros and cons, I own a PS2.For the PS2, it has the most games so far, if i counted correctly and many games are sold for the PS2. The cons are that its not universal, thus there are different PS2 types and only can read discs of the same kind, Lets say... Your PS2 is JP type and you have a US game, it will not work unless you went and tweaked the system in it, making it able to play both official and pirated games, not to mention being able to play every type of PS2 game.For the Xbox, it has superb graphics and sounds and the loading time is very short, letting players enjoy the game more. It also has 4 intergrated controller plugs for multiplayer purposes. The cons are that is has too much shooting games because microsoft is well... first player shooting game creator... So, the Xbox is not really player-friendly! The games comes out a little too slow and the Xbox is too bulky and so are the controllers. If you compare the prices of the Xbox and the PS2, I would have to say that the Xbox cost WAY more than the PS2.Thats about all I can think of now... Anyway, I heard that a newer version for PS is coming out, then soon followed by the Xbox!

Af course, this is only when a game-pc isn't an option. I think a pc is much beter than a console. Compared to a pc, the only benefits are no hardware problems, and maybe more choice when you are into rpg's or those japanese games :)But when you have decide to buy a console, i would go for a xbox. Better graphics, better controls imho and superior online suport...

Playstaion2.It has much better games than that of the XBOX and works better online in terms of GUI and personal selection of rooms. The XBOX has some of the crappiest games and amount of games to choose from. It's holding on just from its few star games. I will admit however that it loads faster but without the games the console is crap.