xisto Community
nealed

PS2 Vs XBox What is better PS2 or XBox

Ps2 Vs Xbox  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am in the market for a gameing station and was just wondering what people prefer. I don't know much about the PS2 or XBox, and was just wondering what others though of them. I know the XBox is more powerfull, but the PS2 is more widley used. If you speak to the shops, the one that sells XBox does not like PS2 and the one that sells PS2 does not like XBox (Bias opinions I think).Your input and opinions will be gratly appreciated.

First of all I'd like to mention that I haven't voted in this poll and I won't. I don't own either one of these and I haven't even played with them that much.Like you XBox is more powerful and can produce better graphics but this really quite inrelevant when talking about game consoles. What matters is actually in the name: the games. And more specially the exlusive games. So check what games are available for each and decide based on those. Also if you plan to play online that is probably wise to take into account aswell. I am under the impression that XBox is slightly ahead when it comes to playing online.

To be honest I really dislike the console gaming indstry. They charge a ridiculous amount of money for sometimes very poor upgrades. They bring out new consoles very often so that you have to spend a lot of money on them. I was planning to get a console, but by doing some calculations I realised that the cost of maintaining one would just be too much money for me.

It's xbox for me, but it's not about the hardware differences (although xbox has a lot better graphics, still crappy compared to pc btw :P) It all depends what games you like to play. A reason to buy a ps2 could be GTA San Andres, but xbox has imo so much more to offer. But that's my opnion :P

xbox is ugly??.. huh.. :P X box graphics rocks man.. MS is releasing so many games for xbox.. n their sales r rising. PS 2 is deprecating in terms of sales as well as games availability,...I played HALO2 in xbox . it damn good .. u gotta try ...

lol put a white sheet over it :D ...wouldn't matter to me..anyways I don't have either, but I play PS2 a lot b/c of roomie. Vice City rocked. I played San Andreas once (rented) and it was just as good or better. (Vice City on PC was better but still ^_^) Anyways, i don't know much about XBox. I think I'll be getting one in a few days. I think.. christmas :P So I could describe more then. Anyways, Halo series rocks for console playing. Also, I seen GTA for XBox i think....so GTA: San Andreas might be crossing over. Maybe i'm mistaken but I think the GTA series is crossing over. That'd be devastating for the PS2. Doesn't matter cos I've heard XBox:next is suppose to be out next year. Heard rumors as early as january lol, but prob late in the year (if the date isn't pushed back).

I have to say I prefer PS2 the best. I know it can't stand up to the Xbox in terms of graphics, but there are so many more games I'd rather play on PS2. For example the Gran Turismo series. It is undoubtadly the best racing simulator game on ANY console, and for that reason alone I would pick a PS2 over an Xbox. None of the games really interest me.. apart from a couple that are available for PC anyway.

This argument really does come down to personal preference though, and if you're undecided on which system to get, it's not always the best option to ask a group of people their opinions. You MIGHT just miss out on the console you really want.

I voted for PS2 obviously, but in doing so I am not trying to say that the PS2 is the better console, just saying it is the console I prefer.

My vote is for XBOX...I have both though. The only reason I got a PS2 is for Final Fantasy games since M$ can't get square to make games for them. But, I like the XBOX for the ease of modification and most of those "exclusive" games for PS2 like GTA do get released for XBOX...although it could take a year, but then you get some extras that PS2 peeps don't. PS2 can be modded too, but its more difficult.However, for online play, the PS2 is the way to go. No fees to pay to Sony to get online unlike XBOX live. But since I've modded my XBOX, I can go online by other means for no cost.

it's fairly simple :Xbox - better graphics ( proven not just claiming ) , better sound , better online / multiplayer experience ( xbox live ) and mainly better system stability , and the room for MODDING is big .. ( modded xboxs)PS2 - slower fps , less better graphics and sound BUT huge amount of games , especialy Japaneese companies , games you can NOT find on the XBOX and it's kinda better to buy a console from a more Experienced company like Sony ( PS one and PSX ) .however you're forgetting something , the Nintendo GAMECUBE >I will only buy this console for JUST ONE THING capcom betrayed Sony and released Resident Evil 4 : Outbreak on the NINTENDO GAME CUBE first :) ... and I am fan of the series and the movies .