xisto Community
OpaQue

Google Dominance Is Google getting too big?

I read somewhere that Google only searches 30% of the WWW. Is this true and is there any search bot that searches through a bigger piece of the web?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you read that? I think it means that the crawler misses out 70% datas or something like that. This could make sense, since theres little point in crawling images etc.

Google is most people's preferred website searcher nowadays since it is clean and quick plus now with the extra services e.g. language and gmail it is very useful too.

I read, in a magazine I think, that too charly or something similar too that... I will have a browse through some of my old magsAlso, does anyone know how to get an account on g-mail, it looks very cool, it doesn't show theres a way on the site, but I have seen some people with one.

Also, does anyone know how to get an account on g-mail, it looks very cool, it doesn't show theres a way on the site, but I have seen some people with one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Becuase g-mail is still BETA, you have to get an invite to create an account. See this.

However, I've heard some bad things about g-mail. Stuff about it installing Spy/Adware, so that it detects the things you search for and the sites you visit, and then displays related advertisements. Anyone else heard these rumours?

Google's strong point is that they are constantly changing. Every day there are changes, or new technologies. And all what they do and create is like gold... I mean, who else could create in a short time the best webmail service?

Becuase g-mail is still BETA, you have to get an invite to create an account. See this.

However, I've heard some bad things about g-mail. Stuff about it installing Spy/Adware, so that it detects the things you search for and the sites you visit, and then displays related advertisements. Anyone else heard these rumours?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't heard of the rumors... but what they do is have computers scan through your emails and provide ads based on that. Here's the link:

https://www.google.com/gmail/about/

Is Google Adsense Really pay 100$,

MMMM....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yup its true, you will recieve the payment after you reach 100$. i think per click is about $0.0001 and you can only do a 2 clicks on ads per day(with the same ip) ^_^

coz of gmail is still in beta i also heard lots of gossipz, bugs, hacks and some wierd features but not including that spyware, but the hacks is true. gmail staffs already advice all gmail users that do not use gmail for sensative data like paypal :D

yup its true, you will recieve the payment after you reach 100$. i think per click is about $0.0001  and you can only do a 2 clicks on ads per day(with the same ip) ^_^

coz of gmail is still in beta i also heard lots of gossipz, bugs, hacks and some wierd features but not including that spyware, but the hacks is true. gmail staffs already advice all gmail users that do not use gmail for sensative data like paypal :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, yes, of course Gmail is full of bugs at the moment. It's only in the beta stages, and the whole point of launching a beta test is to find flaws in your system and guard against those when the actual thing comes out.

One of the things I find most frustrating about Gmail is that it doesn't have a rich-text editor. >_> And the other day I got about 10 spam messages. First time that's happened for me on Gmail.

Google seems to be monopolizing much less than Yahoo or MSN, but that's probably because it's newer. Anyways, I think Google is a great search engine, and your accounts were probably deleted because you don't understand basic punctuation! [/strong Bad's daily rant]

Hi Folks,According to me, this GOOGLE dominance is pure ****. Google is big no doubt, but it is not bigger than the world wide web itself. True that it iss web's most popular search engine, but that is not enough to give them authority to dictate rules.Personally I'm not bothered with Google bcoz my site is a personal webpage which has got nothing to do with search engine rankings.Bye,Bigyan

Hey, Xisto has started blocking words now !!.I thought it was a free forum, free from censor !!.You are able to block "****", but how the hell are you going to block this :S-H-I-T ??Stop all these nonsense, all members are grownups .........

Well I think google is really the best. Its very big but its better then MSN or yahoo. I would like to see more google dominence, after all it has served us so well. Ex- gmail, yea I think 1GB was really a dream for many. I was tired of deleting all the messages cuz I only had 6MB, but the 1GB yea thats someting really good. Google is the fastest and by far the best search engine. I have never ttried alter vista. But I have tried yahoo! but I find google better

Hey,

Xisto has started blocking words now !!.

I thought it was a free forum, free from censor !!.

You are able to block "****", but how the hell are you going to block this :

S-H-I-T  ??

Stop all these nonsense, all members are grownups .........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That depends who you class as a "grownup". Admittedly i sound and look very mature and of course I'm very smart but the fact is I'm still only 15 and I don't turn 16 until may 2006 :) . Am I possibly the youngest person here?

I turn 16 in November. And saying you sound mature is just asking for someone to tell you that you aren't. >_>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was only joking when I said I sounded mature and didn't really mean anything by it :) . Anyway I'm sure that most 15 year olds can handle people swearing and that the only people who couldn't handle it wouldn't be old enough to manage to find their way to or be interested in this forum. Either way there shounldn't be any needfor anyone to swear.