xisto Community
soleimanian

How I Can Delet Unempty Folders

Delete all the files in it.Delete the folder.

It happened to me too, some folders didn't have anything inside and still says "you can't delete unempty folders" so the solution I found, go to your Control panel / Site Managment Tools / File Manager, click in the folder and in the upper right submenu, click Delete this folder and all files under it , then go down and Trash to erase it for ever.

Greets Deivid

It happened to me too, some folders didn't have anything inside and still says "you can't delete unempty folders" so the solution I found, go to your Control panel / Site Managment Tools / File Manager, click in the folder and in the upper right submenu, click Delete this folder and all files under it , then go down and Trash to erase it for ever.

Greets Deivid

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Regarding not being able to delete an empty folder, it is most likely that there is a partial transfer in it. If the entire file did not transfer you won't get the little file icon to click to delete. You have to use cp as stated. ^_^

Use ssh

rm -rf folder

r = recursive

f = force

Simple and easy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that most of us hosted at Xisto don't have SSH access.

I know that SSH really speeds web development as I had SSH access at SourceForge.

If your FTP client is good, it will automatically recruse through the sub-folders and delete the contents.

Such a client is FileZill (which I use).

when you try and delete an unempty folder with FileZilla, it will recursively go through the folder, making a list of all the files. It then deletes all the files in one go, and then deletes the foldersanother way to delete the folder would be to use http://www.net2ftp.com/ to connect to the FTP, and delete the folder through there. It's much quicker than waiting for FileZilla to scan the whole directory

Guys, everyone at Xisto.com can ask to have SSH enabled on their accounts, just mail the helpdesk/support desk. They'll fix it, i got mine enabled after one hour after sending the mail.

If you're willing to use another ftp client (you didn't say what FTP client you use...)

i'ld recommend WS_FTP. You can conffure your client so it's allowed to delete unempty folders...

the:

Delete all the files in it.Delete the folder.

it's a partial solution... and in some cases.... the harderst... useless (refereing to webpages that count with A LOT of folders and subfolders.. and subfolders.. an so on, la CMS.. for ex)...

So, what i'ld recommend is that you get a fine FTP client, read it's specification, and delete your folders in the easy intelligent way.

Just type rmdir/? and it give you options after wards it showed me that typing rmdir/s will delete the dir and the file tree or whatever just be careful cause you can't get it back unless you spend some money. -reply by whocares