xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hast-webben

Web Browsers Which Browser type do u prefer?

Which Browser type do u prefer?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love Mozilla Firefox... I agree to those who are claiming that it is the best browser in the world.. I think that it is simply the best.. It has everything i need... (pop-up blocker, firewall, security enhancements, skins, etc..) and best of all, it is free.. My only problem with Firefox is that, several websites those not display correctly with the browser. I think that there are still several compatibility problems.. i dunno why...

I luv firefox. I used to use Internet explorer but the annoying pop-ups and win $5000 ads used to piss me a lot. so I downloaded firefox, got that adblock extention and yea Internet was an altogether beautiful experience.

I love using Slimbrowser (downloadable at cNet's download.com)... since I usually have a million windows open at the same time, my memory slows down after a while. But Slimbrowser open up like one browser, but you can open up multiple pages WITHIN it. So you use less memory... I have 50 million pages open inside Slimbrowser, but my computer doesn't really know it. ^_~ Check it out!!

I am using Maxthon well (another IE base browser)

here is short describe about Maxthon
-------------------------------------------
Maxthon Internet Browser software is a powerful tabbed browser with a highly customizable interface. It is based on the Internet Explorer browser engine (your most likely current web browser) which means that what works in the IE browser will work the same in Maxthon tabbed browser but with many additional efficient features like...

Tabbed Browsing Interface
Mouse Gestures
Super Drag&Drop
Privacy Protection
AD Hunter
Google Bar Support
External Utility Bar
Skinning

Designers should account for IE 4+, Netscape latest two releases and Mozilla. Anything else I think is over doing it. Agree? Disagree? (Sorry, had to make a quick "first post" - hi everyone).

i have used firefox since the day i heard about it. i used to get spyware, ad-ware, and i even got a couple weak trojans from pop-ups. firefox has eliminated those, and i love it for that. love the tabbed browsing. the features available to add on are great, i have an ftp browser which makes it so easy to upload to stuff. im going to stop now, i sound too much like that beard totting man in the oxy-clean infomercials

The ioxy clean ads are great, but yeah Firefox is a great addition to the web, before firefox i never used to hear about the explouts in Internet explorer but when you get it they really show through like mad.

I'll tell you what. Get Firefox, go install a bunch of extensions and skins, and you probably still have not half of Opera's powers. The skins are beautiful and it's really advanced and really customizable. Firefox's nothing compared to the mature Opera. It's still in Neverland. Most Firefox users (on this board, anyway) only like it because they have not seen better.

P.S: I don't have anything against Firefox. It's waay superior to IE, though inferior to Opera.

well, you might be right. I have seen better like Opera, but I still think Firefox is great.Maybe not that good as Opera but at least it displays pages more like IE. Opera sometimes has big problems to display them like they are in IE.That is actually why I changed to firefox. For instance you can't login for gmail with opera, it is not supported...

well, you might be right. I have seen better like Opera, but I still think Firefox is great.

Maybe not that good as Opera but at least it displays pages more like IE. Opera sometimes has big problems to display them like they are in IE.

That is actually why I changed to firefox. For instance you can't login for gmail with opera, it is not supported...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but i guess that's not opera's fault... Gmail should "support" opera, not vice versa. If gmail used an approved code language instead of activex, then there wasn't a problem...

"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a Web page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web, when you had very little chance of reading a document written on another computer, another word processor, or another network."

-Tim Berners-Lee in Technology Review, July 1996

Any Browser now! ;)