xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hast-webben

Web Browsers Which Browser type do u prefer?

Which Browser type do u prefer?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All programs will close if there was a crash.. No matter how manyof them you have open will close.. IE is ok however I would recommend using other browsers that are available that is much better then IE or better then Netscape. Talk about slow browser there. hehe

Personally I'm a conformist, and use Internet Explorer (v6.0), but thats only really because I'm too lazy to change it for anything new.IE is probably the most common browser (you have to bear in mind that people in this topic are all likely to be webmasters of some kind, and so are more into computers than many people who just look at sites, who are usually less technical)However, I would hardly call it the "best" - it's a microsoft product, so how could it be the best?! :P

All programs will close if there was a crash.. No matter how manyof them you have open will close..

IE is ok however I would recommend using other browsers that are available that is much better then IE or better then Netscape.  Talk about slow browser there. hehe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When Opera crashes it does close all the browsers windows, however instead of just losing where you were up to it has an option when you next start opera to begin from where you last were.

There's alot of good browsers out there, and I agree that a web designer should try hard to make it compatable with as many as possible. But if it came down to having to choose between browsers, I'd probably go with IE, since its more widely used and supported...

I have finnally changed my default browser over from the widely supperted and yet utterly hopeless IE to the all round great browser Opera. It took me a long time to do but i just can't put up with the insufficient security of IE. I will still keep IE around to check my website in but apart from that it will be used no more :P !

Firefox is my clear favorite. I wish the OSX version was a bit faster, but then again its not really relevant since its plenty fast. I used to try opera, but something about its interface just didn't work for me. IE.....well, its crap. nuf said. Safari is pretty good, especially for a basic browser, but why use it when you have firefox?

I see firefox is becamonibg very strong... but i tried it.. and is not as easy as they say it is.. youi people should really try avant browser, based on IE. Is really fast, it has humm.. in spanish is pestañas... tab browsing!!!!You should edit the poll and add Avant to it

I have used IE, Mozilla, Firefox and Opera. I normally casually surf around using Firefox because I like its features however I am starting to like the sp2 IE. For testing your websites I believe people should base their design to be mainly capable with IE versions because IE is what the greatest amount of Internet users surf with. But to test with all browsers is an excellent idea to try and create the largest amount of compatibility possible with browser, though you may run into difference in layout posistions between certains browsers.

I use Firefox. I allso have opera an ie witch I dont use very mutch since I started useing firefox. Firefox's tabed browsing I do like sometimes more than opera. Firefox's speed is comparible if not faster than opera if configured properly. Firefox's extensions alow you to customize it to youre liking. It allso has RSS and ATOM feed live links making bookmarks stay up to date with what is hapening on a site(great for youre G-mail acount). Probably my favorite extension that I have found lately for firefox is the Tab browser extensions witch among other things lets you unclose tabs and restore tabs after a crash, witch hasnt hapend since going 1.0.IE. To many security flaws and crashes. Allso the sp2 popup blocker dose not block spyware popups.PS. Those of you with fire fox faving trouble installing java click on the little grey sircle right below the x to close firefox(you know the circle that swirls when a page loads)and click plugins. They have a java plugin there that works.