xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bamshad

which program is good for flash

Hmmm...If you aren't sure about which one to choose, then you're probably unfamiliar with Flash. Flash is obviously the best program, but if you're not that good with Flash, maybe you should try Swish. I don't know if this is true, but I thought free hand can only draw vector images (flash images), but not animate them...

If you aren't sure about which one to choose, then you're probably unfamiliar with Flash. Flash is obviously the best program, but if you're not that good with Flash, maybe you should try Swish. I don't know if this is true, but I thought free hand can only draw vector images (flash images), but not animate them...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Freehand is a vector graphic program, yes. But it also has an animate feature and can export to .swf :( (I haven't tried that though) *goes to check what she said and opens Freehand* LOL Ok, it does export to movie :)

Posted Image

That's the Flash Toolbar in Freehand. :(

Now as far as Flash MX goes, I didn't know scratch about Flash (still don't). And I started in Flash MX (the 2002 version), which seemed endlessly complex for me. So I decided to give Swish a try, and for some reason that seemed even more complicated than the smooth, easy feeling lay out used in FLash. So I tried Swish ONCE, and uninstalled it. I figured that if I wanted to learn Flash, I would be better off using decent tools. ;) So back to Flash MX. Now I am using Flash MX 2004 Pro (which to be honest is pretty complex, the non pro version seemed easier for web stuff, and the Pro is more directed towards Flash Application devellopment).

On a side note, I still don't know anything about ActionScript LOL. But here's a link to a banner I did in Flash, which took me ages to do. I only made one big screw-up, which was to import a jpg. Bad idea since it looks pretty blurry and looks very unprofessional. :)

Please bear in mind that this was and is my first banner (and it was over 300 frames and 50 layers) SIFBanner