xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
microdude431

Google GBrowser

Very true, you shouldn't have prejudgements like this, it's what identifies you as a total idiot. Prejudgement is the cause of almost all the bad out there, so just wait and see, and after it's released, praise if they're worth it.

GBrowsers is Based on the Firefox Framework.

im curiouse as to how they are going to improve on it ?

when i first heard about it, i assumed it was going to be a brand new from scratch browser.

More choice is almost always a good thing, but firefox got some fretty big boots to fill.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there is no firefox framework, its called gecko engine. mozilla adopt it and also netscape followed the steps of mozilla, firefox is just a browser inherited from mozilla.

And coz of it will be made with gecko engine and google engineers, it might be a good one or much better than mozi or nn :)

there is no firefox framework, its called gecko engine. mozilla adopt it and also netscape followed the steps of mozilla, firefox is just a browser inherited from mozilla.

And coz of it will be made with gecko engine and google engineers, it might be a good one or much better than mozi or nn  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well yeah of course.... i didnt word that too well... i meant to say that Gbrowser will be built on the same framework / Engine as firefox.

but while everyone here knows of firefox, very few know about Geko.

I'm not sure Website Browsers is the way to go for google to expand. I'd love to see it make a huuuuge portal like Yahoo or MSN and challenge them in every way. Email was a good market for them since Yahoo and MSN have been cheapskating their members, and with Gmail they stretched the boundaties.

I really want google to have somethin like email like yahoo and msn have. Browsers do not do much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's a sarcastic joke right? :P . Google launched their google-mail service quite a while ago which is much better (in my opinion and many other peoples's) compared to Yahoo! Mail and MSN Hotmail. Browsers are very useful to promote a website's services. Although I personally find them annoying if they come with good features eg popup blocked, search toolbar, many people will find them useful.

but Gmail is still not open to public i think ? correct me If i am wrong I am currently using Walla.com it's a really new one with 1GB space and no stupid advertisement , only a regualr banner on top but the site is extra fast and light and does its job well .as for Gbrowser , registering Gbrowser.com isnt a REAL clue , but even if it did , I suggest they should rename it ....Gmail ,Gbrowser .. Gstring ... Gmann ! :P all similar to me

Your right, Gmail isn't out to the public..yet. I have 6 Gmail invites so I'll be happy to give anyone some. Gbrowser does look cool. It has some usefull features, and others which I'll never use(like all other browsers). I still prefer my Mozilla FireFox browser though. I doubt there are much add-ons for the GBrowser right now.

it's interesting how there alternative browsers are becomign so popular now. It use to just be two main types...and now even google is coming up with their own model. Sigh, well...I'm still curious so I'll prob download it if it comes out ^_^

I'm now surfing this forum by GBrowser.I think this browser is really good to use. I can't say much words. I like the tabs in it. There are many functions for you to surf freely and safely.In Linux, I still use firefox. Flash plugin and JRE plugin are well installed to firefox. By mplayer, I also play .rm .wmv .mpg etc. as well.I love Linux, but I also use Windows.

Wowe first they give us the best search engine in the world, and now this g browser. I think google has always done the best things. So I think this browser is gonna be the best. I use firefox but I'll switch to the gbrowser if it really mantains google quality.

If Google Made a browser, Just THINK of all the features it would have!!!-virus scanning intergrated into the browser-Google web search and computer search!-extreme popup blocking and adware/spyware blocking!Next:Google- The Operating System!

the thing about the desktop seeker it's true!!!!fisrt, it crashed my pc... and after i solved the problem... my pc was a little sloppy...But in general, google do a great job when it does one. so, gbrowser seems promesing (i don't know how to write that word)

Yah! I'm really excited about this! They are working with Mozilla I heard for there browser. I also heard they are making GMessenger but I think its a rumor but it would be neat like the GBrowser. Google or someone has registered the domain http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ So we may get this sometime in 2005 or 2006 do you think? Cause I can't wait anymore!