xisto Community
spacewaste1405241471

Forum applications the best php forum to use for your site

Hi,I've been trying several of bb scripts for PHP, and without phpbb do I recommand also Phorum and PunBB, as they are very easy to modify. I don't exactly remember their adresses, but as all other script that I've found is they to find at hotscripts.BrgdsJens

Hi,

I've seen vBulletin on many proffesional sites, but can it be true that it isn't for free? I really like the design, but not as much that I wanna pay for it.

Brgds

Jens

Out of PHPBB, IPB, and vBulletin which consumes the least amount of bandwidth?

Also, which one has the quickest page load time?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YABB is very quick. vBulleting is $150 I think or something in the region of that for liscence, which in my opinion is totally not worth the value. There are options which are quicker and more reliable that won't cost you half that much. The options you are looking at are phpBB + mods, invision, YABB etc.

LOL That's not biased is it!Simplemachines looks really nice. Reminds me a lot of phpBB and Invision Power Board though. What would you say are the advantages of this that make it in your opinion much better than Vbulletin, Invision, phpBB etc?

vBulleting is a good one, eventho it costs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

your paying for pure **** software, 3.0 totally blows, i liked vbulletin alot better when it was the 2.0 series.

vB is just a crappier version of invision board.

phpBB is your best way to go, its FREE, customizable, and fairly easy to mod, if you want a IGNBoard look board, but have the security of phpBB, i suggest using HailBoards their free and quick and easy to install.

my boards runs off hailboards. ;)

your paying for pure **** software, 3.0 totally blows, i liked vbulletin alot better when it was the 2.0 series.

vB is just a crappier version of invision board.

phpBB is your best way to go, its FREE, customizable, and fairly easy to mod, if you want a IGNBoard look board, but have the security of phpBB, i suggest using HailBoards their free and quick and easy to install.

my boards runs off hailboards. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The security of phpBB are you kidding me? Please tell me you are... phpBB really isn't secure. I like IPB, it has many tools that seem like way too much at first, but once you take the time to learn them it works well, I reccomend you use http://www.zifboards.com/ for one, because great software like that doesn't come free.