xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lxcid

Insane Overclocking! 6GHz! drool

i believe that a 6 Ghz is insane also. i believe that it way to fast and that a computer would just over heat and blow up because there would not be a cooling system that could keep that thing from blowing. BTW, i wouldnt mind getting one.

i believe that a 6 Ghz is insane also. i believe that it way to fast and that a computer would just over heat and blow up because there would not be a cooling system that could keep that thing from blowing. BTW, i wouldnt mind getting one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lmao i think they might have one that fast someplace in china.....that is pretty insane but you prob could have it done.....but the box would have 2 be so big 2 fit a cooling system and enough fans to actualy support it:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Appearantly it works.. and there's nothing insane about it, it's just a high clock rate. As long as the thing still work on that high a clock rate, I reckon it's good. Nevertheless I doubt today's architecture is advanced enough for high clock rates like those.. maybe the 64bit architecture that's beginning to sneak into today's market will change that.

running at that high of a clock rate will most likely cause problems with the PCI bus.I have also seen somewhere someone that built a computer inside of a mini-fridge and then overclocked it to 7 gig or so. I will see if I can find it anywhere.

Is there really much point in getting your computer to run at 7 or even 6 GHz? (Besides showing off to everybody you know :P ) There aren't many programs that would need that. Of course it might be nice if you were running your own server from home, but that's about the only use I would have for it.

No there is really no point in overclocking that much. Other than, like you mentioned, showing off. And I guess it is just as good a hobby than anything else. Although bit expensive :P That much overclocked systems are not able to run for a long time so server usege is out of question. And besides high clockrate is not the most important factor on server performance.

Na, no point, Just takes the rest of the world about 6 months, to a year to catch up with our Hardware.. The Current 6-6.5 ghz Intel OC's are quite xtreme, As are the 3.8 Ghz of the AMD FX55 flagship, these are the hardcore crowd, most of us more average folk have to rely on our 4-5 ghz intels or our 3ghz A64's..... Come and browse our forums sometime, you'll get an idea of the fun, and "REAL" performance gains that are available with very little risk to your hardware..

Na, no point, Just takes the rest of the world about 6 months, to a year to catch up with our Hardware..    The Current 6-6.5 ghz Intel OC's are quite xtreme, As are the 3.8 Ghz of the AMD FX55 flagship, these are the hardcore crowd, most of us more average folk have to rely on our 4-5 ghz intels or our 3ghz A64's.....  Come and browse our forums sometime, you'll get an idea of the fun, and "REAL" performance gains that are available with very little risk to your hardware..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow......karnivore you've really out done yourself there.....most of us don't have that kind of money time or lack of friends to want to put that much effort into our computer....stick to your own site buddy I think you'd be best there

that cannon work. Its prolly a fake image as well. If you overclocked your processor that high im pretty sure your bios would stop you or u wouldnt even be able to take a screenshot cause you would fry yor processor. And a 6 ghz processor would be twice the size of a current one thats y there arent any for home use yet, otherwise i would buy one already

Now 6GHz is really possible. In one well respected finnish computer magazine was an article of some overclocking gurus overclocking P4 to 5200MHz. And that was several months ago so it is really no wonder someone has done 6GHz by now.

the new p4 5ghz are coming out around march next year, although these will come with a very heavy price tag, i made sure i could get a mobo that can handle 800fsb so if i do have enough money then, then i can get one xDmy friend just tried to OC his 9800pro and he used a p4 heatsink and fan - but metal was touching it and his card fried, bl