xisto Community
lxcid

Forum Comparison? vBulletin? phpBB? Inivision? ?

Which forum do u think is the best?  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question: Is the Invision Power Board version 1.3.1 that is included in the Fantastico package at Xisto a limited trial or is it the full version that used to be free (?). If so is it possible to convert it to phpBB2 without losing any user data and settings?

Thanks for reading.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Invision board 1.3.1 that is included in Fantastico is the Trial version. However, it is not limited (like they did to version 2). I'm sure if you look on the phpBB site you will find a converter for Invision Board...

anyway, my favourite forum used to be invision board but it is now SMF (http://www.simplemachines.org/), its just so good!! And easy to mod (once you figure everything out).

Invision Power Board is great. It has many options, hacks and mod that you wiil not find in other bulletin board system.. It's very easy to install and set it up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The same as you, Invision Power Board was used on many websites. It has more security. For me, i try to learn this board but so hard. It contain many thing that i don't know - functions that interseting, nice styles, more features... You can upgrade this board by easy at https://invisionpower.com/features/apps :)

PHPBB sucks.. please dont use it. there was a virus which was written in perl and which somehow was successful in sql injection. . It has affected many servers and nothing can be done bout it. also, the clients surfing that site are not affected.

Invision Power Board has a lot of nice features like fast reply and its pretty customizable. The only thing is that its not completely free, while phpBB is completely free and open source. However phpBB doesn't have as many features and sometimes security is not good.

I have been using phpBB3 for as long as it has been out. Before I did not like phpBB2 however this new version is awesome. It brings it right up to par with the other systems. I like it better than some of the paid scripts because of its large base community.
Demo: free forum hosting

I used phpBB before. I liked it but I switched to vBulletin. :D I like Invision Power Board too but there's a mod that isn't present in IPB but present in vBulletin. I don't know if my search is just not enough but oh well... vBulletin for me now. :)