xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lxcid

Linksys Wireless B usb network adapter lag problem in window XP (model WUSB11)

i wanna contribute something... so i posted this... recently i got a wireless network build in my home... its was so cool... i have a Linksys Wireless B usb network adapter (WUSB11) insert into my desktop which i will always use... den i wanted to test out my game... my all time favourite is the custom game of warcraft: frozen throne call defense of the ancient: allstar a.k.a dota allstar... i log into battle.net and joined a game... the game load and finally i was inside the game... it was so cool... but den... the problem came... my game just hang for 2-3 sec every so often throughout the game that i got so pissed... i stop playing dota... i tot usb stuff was all crap as b4 this i used a usb modem and a hell lotsa problems emerge... i stop my gaming habit for 2-3 weeks and finally i decided to search for a solution... any will do... i began to search for wad caused the lag... it didn't take me long but its not easy to find wad caused tat... its easy to fix but it troublesome as u have to do it everytime... ok... enough of my story... here is the solution...

SOLUTION BELOW:

I'm using windows XP professional... The reason for this lag is because of linksys didn't configure it driver to stop the Wireless Zero Configuration service of windows when it have detected a network... thus it will always search for a network so often even though u already have one... everytime it search, u gonna lag 1 time... so the obvious solution is to stop the service by yourself...

To off it,

1. Go to Start, open Control Panel.

2. Open Administrative Tools.

3. Open Services.

4. Search for the service "Wireless Zero Configuration" and open it.

5. Click stop if necessary.

5 simple steps and you are lag free! lol... do this if u noe u will encounter this problem with Linksys Wireless B usb network adapter (WUSB11)... i encounter this lag problem when i am playing warcraft on the net so i need to/will do this everything i wanted to play warcraft on the net... so i recommand u don't bother it if u didn't encounter lag... one more advice... do not set the service to manual... if u do so... u need to start it everytime to connect to your network... den off it to have lag free problem... might as well let it set it to automatic and off it when u wanted to solve the lag problem... :)

I have make the a website teaching people to fix this problem... here is it... :)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Please try to use proper grammar when posting on the forums.Anyways, I have this service turned off by default because I don't use a wireless network. And some questions that I may ask are:Do you need this service on if you have a wireless network?Will Windows detect the presence of a wireless network if you don't have this service on?Any security risks involved with turning on this service/leaving it on Automatic?

The Windows Zero Config is windows version of wireless connectivity software. It allows the connection to wireless networks. Most (probably all) wireless cards come with some kind of their own connectivity software. This means that you can turn off WZC and let the other program handle the connection to the network. It really depends which software you want running your wireless connection. Both will be covered by firewall, both will o the same job.So, you do not have to have this running to connect to a wireless network. If you are using 3rd party connection software, you have to have zero config off!Windows will not detect networks without Zero config, but if your 3rd party software can find networks, it'll do the same thing.As far as i know, there isn't any security risks, as long as you make sure that your wireless connection will not automatically connect to a network when it comes into range (normally windows will ask if its a unsecured network, or wont let you connect it its encrypted anyway)Hopefully this has exaplined some of your questions!-jimmy

thanks man. I've been having this problem for months and never considered this to be a problem with WZC. I'm using the connectivity software that came with my Linksys adapter and am completely lag free.