xisto Community
prolifik

P2P programs(merged) What P2P program are you using?

I have been using:Kazaa - Don't like it at all. Stupid spywares...Limewire - It's a bit slow. Frustrating at times...Morpheus - Similar to Kazaa but didn't like it for some reason...Grokster - Spywares! Ads! Malware! Stupid!!

The networks I generally use are:Gnutella - For music it gets search results fastestGnutella2 - For more common music, lots of sources, and for TV episodesED2K - Old warezBittorrent - New warezAnd the never...nevers...Direct Connect - Too common, most clients bundled with malwareOpenNap (WinMX) - Ancient, slow, ineffective search.

I have recently been trying to cut down on the amount of P2P that I'm using simply because I know that in the United Kingdom they have begun sueing people for downloading music, which is quite worrying since I have downloaded more than my fair share.At the moment I'm using eMule a bit (since they only seem to be suing Kazaa and Grokster) and also from time to time a Bittorrent if I really badly want it.In any case when they start sueing everying (it's bound to happen, they lose hundreds of millions of dollars a year) we're all screwed.

I actually need a new network to try... kazaa is getting waaaay too freaking annoying for me, its always been bad but dayam. I usually use torrents now for stuff but when I want something small I just hop on a P2P but they suck so bad now. I've tried winmx (bleck) aaaand one other one that I forget now... limewire maybe? anyways I'll need to either find a new one or give them up for good cause kazaa is just getting rediculous to me

I use shareazaa, all in one: Gnutella, Gnutella2, Edonkey and bittorrent. But share is a pain in the *** overhere because I'm behind a NAT router :D .I quit using kazaalite, because it even works worse behind a router.And no, I don't have access to the router and no I can't ask my dad to change that.

I use:Poisoned: very nice, fast, but doesn't download very fast.Cabos: absolutely the best p2p program I have ever used. It downloads at common rates of 100 kb/s and sometimes even 200 kb/s, very simple and fast, you just have to love it! I believe this app is only available for Mac OS X, but maybe I'm wrong.

Someone stated that it is impossible to target a single user on the bit torrent network, which is completely untrue. I was contacted regarding my downloading of episodes of a tv show which was unavailable by legal means. I was using Azureus.So a little tip for you television enthusiasts: don't go after the hour-long big-budget series. I suspect that the studios care about these copyrights more than others, due to the production costs. Some show creators, such as Trey Parker and Matt Stone of South Park glory, have expressed delight at the news that their show is spread on p2p networks. But the decision to trap file-sharers and prosecute them ultimately lies with the studios.Now I only use Kazaa Lite K++ for single files, and eMule for archives (albums).

Well I highly recommend emule, however it tends to download files a lot slower when youre using cable, apparently some ports are blocked by default by my cable company and the sames happen with others, and I've seen how friends with 250 adsl get higher transfer speeds for the same files than me with a 600 kb/s cable connection. [the same goes for ares].Usually when it comes to me Irc is always the fastest , I leech large files using mirc, but sometimes the process is kind of confusing, depending on the channel and their servers, but you can always fnd some human willing to help you.

KaZaA: Don't speak about it. Crap, crap and crap. O yea and spyware and virusses too.LimeWire: not all things are good. Not my favourite. Some virusses too.Bitorrent: Good for some files, not all is findable.Emule: I like eMule. It's a good program, much things to find. You only have to be patient. It can take a while to download something.