xisto Community
prolifik

P2P programs(merged) What P2P program are you using?

Do you use P2P programs? If so, what program are you using? Most P2P programs have been known to carry adware and third-party software that installs itself in your pc and slows it down. Before, i tried using Bearshare, WinMX & Kazaa Lite.

My opinions on p2p-networkd I have used:

Soulseek: You can find lot's of music there that isn't available elsewhere. Suits well for those who listen underground stuff.

BitTorrent: Very fast downloads for relatively new files.

Edonkey: And emule for SW. Lots of files and older files are easy to find (unlike torrent)

Direct Connect: I don't really like it. It's good for large inner networks where outside p2p traffic is blocked. I've downloaded some rpg books here. The hubs often requite ridiculous amount of data to be shared.

And clients:

Soulseek (slsk), BitTornado(BT), Azareus(BT), eMule(edk) and DC++(dc) all spyware free.

Soulseek, BitTornado and Azareus are quite a memory hogs and all are quite equal on CPU usage. Emule tends to use bit more CPU as it is often used to download lots of files at same time (that's where it really excels).

I use APOLLON !
Kazaa like interface, No adware, no spyware, free and OPEN SOURCE.

well.. apollon is actually a frontend to giFT.

but what makes Apollon / giFT special is that unlike other P2P's it uses multiple protocols......

it can search and download from GNUTELLA FASTTRACK (kazaa network) and OpenFT all at the same time.

(plaus maybe others, but there the 3 i use)

so you are 3 times as likely to find what ur looking for.

Apollon (the greek god of Music) can be downloaded from http://apollon.sourceforge.net/
'>
http://apollon.sourceforge.net/
(or just search sourceforge.net

oh... and yes.... this is a linux users only program (but it will also run in knoppix liveCD as a bolt-on) for you windows victims.. oops, users :) lol

Most of P2P progs from http://sourceforge.net/ are good and spyware/adware free. Emule is good. The biggest spyware in a p2p program I know is in Kazaa.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, Kazaa has alot of spyware and adware. But you can use the alternative Kazaa Lite or Kazaa Lite Resurrection. The owner of Kazaa filed a lawsuit against the creators of Kazaa Lite becoz many people preferred to download Kazaa Lite coz it didn't have adware. Kazaa makes money thru the spyware and adware bundled to it's software. Kazaa Lite is exactly the same as Kazaa except for the adware and its free.

*i also tried using Bittorrent and its really good if you're looking for new files and the downloads are fast. :)

Yeah, Kazaa has alot of spyware and adware. But you can use the alternative Kazaa Lite or Kazaa Lite Resurrection. The owner of Kazaa filed a lawsuit against the creators of Kazaa Lite becoz many people preferred to download Kazaa Lite coz it didn't have adware. Kazaa makes money thru the spyware and adware bundled to it's software. Kazaa Lite is exactly the same as Kazaa except for the adware and its free.

*i also tried using Bittorrent and its really good if you're looking for new files and the downloads are fast. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the problem with the torrent.. is if your not fast enought and miss the feeding frenzy, donwloads can be very slow.

I desagree with Hercco, I really like Direct Connect, i'm a member of 3 hubs, and seems that your comment: "The hubs often requite ridiculous amount of data to be shared" It's not ridiculous, if you want download, other users also want donwload too, this is the principle of the p2p networks, supose nobody share, there's nobody to download so you can't download anything, if you find ridiculous the sharing size, go to antoher hub with less required data. But if you join to hubs with high sharing, you can find almost all.greets deivid

P2P networks exist because of people who share files. If everybody wouldn't want to share their files then the network won't survive or even exist. If you don't want to share your files then i don't think you should use P2P programs or access P2P networks. And again, its up to you on how much files you want to share. :)

I use:Modified BitTorrentKazaa Gold Premium(Modified: No adware/spyware/trojan/virus/worm)I'm not really into P2P programs so I think I can live with these two progs, as long as I can download MP3s, anime, movies, etc. then all's fine. :) I used to use:Warez P2P

I use:

Modified BitTorrent

Kazaa Gold Premium(Modified: No adware/spyware/trojan/virus/worm)

I'm not really into P2P programs so I think I can live with these two progs, as long as I can download MP3s, anime, movies, etc. then all's fine.  :)

I used to use:

Warez P2P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so you actually paid for kazaa ?

ill never understand why people pay for software when the best software is free.

so you actually paid  for kazaa ?

ill never understand why people pay for software when the best software is free.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can use other P2P programs for free. You don't have to buy a program to download files in P2P networks. If you want a spyware, adware, trojan, worm & virus free program there's an alternative in Kazaa Lite or Kazaa Lite Resurrection. It works exactly the same as a regular Kazaa. Like the saying goes, "The best things in life are free". Hehe. :)

bit torrent... i got 280+ kpbs of speed b4 using it... the fastest i get from any p2p software... but also the most unstable... cuz once u start downloading... u better make sure u dun stop... or your whole download may get spoil (very small chance but i did met b4 these situations...) or no more seeds out there to send to u... a life span of a file in the bit torrent is very short... so gotta get it fast... was thinking of using emule somewhere in near future...

Good p2p networking programs:*k-lite if you can still find one*lime-wire*ares*abc*imeshTry any of those...they come with little to no spyware and the spyware can be easily removed without corrupting any part of the program...just use ad-aware to remove that spy ware and to remove the ads n spyware in ad aware just download a trial version of norton :)

i got 3 of them running atm. and they all have their + and -soulseek:+ downloading complete albums, fast, like a charm. - you are dependant on 1 source... but most of the times, soulseek users are cool.emule:+ you find a lot there. just about everything: old movies like flash, big, the neverending story, ...- quite slow at timesbittorrent:+ new movies, working ffffffast!- only new stuff, sometimes you run out of sources.so this is my process:-if it's music i want, i use slslk, if it's a program, it's emule. if it's a movie, i check bittorrent first. if they don't have it, i go for emule