xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
simipro

Adobe Photoshop Fire Text

1. Create a new image, any size will do, but I used 400x150 (standard sig size) 2. Fill the newly created image with black 3. Create a new text layer with whatever text you want to use 4. Merge the text layer with your background layer (Click on your text layer, press Ctrl + E) 5. Filter, Stylize, Wind...Use Settings Below 6. Repeat by pressing Ctrl + F 7. Repeat steps 5-6, changing the direction of the wind to Right 8. Now rotate the canvas 90 degrees CW 9. Repeat steps 5-7 10. Rotate the canvas 90 degrees CCW, this will return you to the original position 11. Filter, Blur, Gaussian Blur, Set Radius to 2.0 12. Filter, Distort, Ripple, Set Amount to 100%, and Size to Medium (Feel free to play with these settings) 13. Now, go to Image, Mode, Grayscale 14. Now, Image, Mode, Indexed Color 15. Now, Image, Mode, Color Table. Set the table to Black Body. 16. Now, Image, Mode, RGB Color 17. Create a new text layer with the same text you used before. 18. Position the text over the fire 19. You're done!

5. Filter, Stylize, Wind...Use Settings Below

56720[/snapback]

Am I missing something, or have you forgotten to post the image below this step?

And I have a couple of queries about this tutorial. In the 3rd step (where I have to type in some text). What should the font size and the recommended font style be? And could it be of any colour?

Thanks. :D

how to create

Adobe Photoshop Fire Text

How to create simple black text font in multi color fonts with the help of photoshop

-reply by janam

Can anyone post a picture of the final result? I just want to see it and don't have time to go through all the steps right now. This goes for every tutorial people put up. It would be helpful to quickly see the finished result before deciding if its worth doing. Cheers.