xisto Community
sanjulian

dns adress and IP to configure a domain Problem with registrar company

Hi guys.
While I'm waiting for my startin' pack in Xisto, I've got an account in 100WebSpace. They sent me the dns adress to configure my domain, however my registrar company asked for an IP number asociated with that dns. None IP number was provided to me by the hosting company with such purpose, only one corresponding to the ftp server. I used this IP in my registrar and it works.
My question is: is always neccesary to provide an IP number beside the dns?

My question is: is always neccesary to provide an IP number beside the dns?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it is not neccessary. You could have found out the IP address (which apparently happened to be the same as the FTP servers IP) from the domain name by simply querying it with nslookup. For example nslookup ns.yourserver.com

Hercco it's right you must the same ip as the ftp servers, you have to check your confirmation mail from 100webspace, but I test this webhost and always have problems, always downtimes, slow speed... if you want something serious you have to get out of there.If you still have problems, send email to support, they must be answer if not, their service really s...s

Guys, can you help me ...Tell me why when I have changed my dns servers it still not redirect ot my web space in 100webspace !??@@? Please if you know tell me...Is here in Xisto is the same...I'm searching a reliable hosting ...I have a domain and I tested with a hosting server's dns in my country and it works..but in 100webspace it doesn't. Why

Astahost is the best host, ive seen and ive seen plenty, ive only encountered one downtime althoguh some site called KDa hosting keeps appearing, check your DNS settings and fix them to stop any realt rouble forming. oh and 100webspace sucks.

Xisto is the best host, ive seen and ive seen plenty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Word. :)

I've been in quite a few webhosts too (Lycos.co.uk, FR&T, as-hosting, anyxhost and now Xisto) and Xisto beats it's competitors all at once, blind folded, left handed and without breaking a sweat.