xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Danieluchis

Livestrong well not exactly the bracelets..

have u seen this yellow bracelets? yeah, the ones that lately are on half of the world's hands, well you know they cost only 1 dollar no? well... i don't know if in other countries is the same as here but, i went to school the other day (like hmm a month ago) and a friend of mine had one.. so i tell her "hey nice bracelet! where did u get it?" and she told me her sister brought it from USA and that they were for cancer support, ok now 1 week later another friend come to school with another one and i was like "oooh were did u get yours?" and he told me that he bought it here at carlos obrians (a restaurant) and that it cost him........... 10 DLLS!!! OMGWTFWTH! this is sooooo arrghh ??!!! and a week later half of school have and i bet at least 60% doesn't even know what does it means! aaah !!! and my question is: why does humans are so... ambicious? i mean at first this was a good cause and now is only money and fashion... that makes me sick.. oh and i forgot to mention that now they are false bracelets too. please! aarrghh

I don't think you want to use the word ambitious. It means daring. At any rate, if the money goes to cancer research, what does it matter if you spend $1 or $10? You're doing good for a foundation and the more money, the better it is for cancer research.

I don't think 'ambitious' is the word you're looking for...lolI have a Livestrong bracelet. Two, actually. It's a simple and cost-efficient way to increase the awareness of cancer in our society. Yeah, some people buy them to be trendy, and some people buy them so that they can sell them for higher than the $1.00 price tag, but for the most part, those who wear it understand its significance. They are incredibly popular (I believe tens of millions have been sold), and I think that that's a good thing. It shows that we as a society know the risks that we face, and Lance Armstrong's story is one that we can all take to heart.I've seen the new 'Support Our Troops' bracelets and all the other ones that cover all the colors of the rainbow. I think they're an excellent idea. Just please don't immediately jump to conclusions when you see someone wearing one. Everyone knows someone who has had cancer at some point in their life. The least we can do is show that we understand the dangers those we love and ourselves face.

But we don't know that. You could ask if you ever drop by there.

Haha :D Real Life :D
I forgot what is it 2 years ago :D
But i'm still remember this "Livestrong bracelets" which i had got for free in the NET... it was the great time of oppotunity for people who can fill out some web forms and get a lot of stuff for FREE in your mailbox :D

PS. Now i'm lonely code maker with short real life argh....