xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dcy1405241470

What does SSL means?

Is anyone know what does SSL means? If you know, Please tell me, I want know.

Thank you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SSL means Secure Sockets Layer which is a protocol used over the internet for securing transactions made between client to server. It basically acts like a tunnel between the server and you. It doesn't allow others into the same tunnel, that way you are directly connected to them. The data that is transmitted through that tunnel is encrypted and scrambled so that when the data reaches the destination, the receiver will know how to unencrypt it and piece it back together.

Cheers, MC

it is also important to know that SSL is asymetric, and uses a set of private keys, and a public key. Since each client has its own private key, and they are not using shared keys, it is like having an individual tunnel for each client.

yes,SSL means Secure Sockets Layer,SSL creates a secure connection between a client and a server,and web sites use the protocol to obtain confidential user information, such as credit card numbers

Easy way to find out stuff like this is to just hit up google. You can type in define:whatever. So... If I wanted to know what the definition for wsxga was I could type define:wsxga in the search bar at google. If you have a google toolbar or firefox it makes it even easier.

what ssl isWhat does SSL means?It's used a lot on cell phones too, when you are downloading a software update or something. You will know that it is being used because of a little icon of an "S"-reply by stevo