xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CiaraRae

Most Overrated Music Artists Most Overrated

Emo, boy bands, popsingers like ashley simpson, They are a fad; they will only last a few months. All music is art. Only the true artists will last. Music, it is like famous paintings. The Mona Lisa has been considered a master piece for over 500 years. Proof that only true art will last through genre changes, popular opinions, and social insights. Music like the Beetles, Bob Marley, and Miles Davis will endure from generation to generation, in my opinion. You can't deny true art. Overrated artists are in the eye of the beholder, so are underrated artists. In my opinion, rap has taken a downturn. But as long as clubs and dancehalls are popular, lyrics will take a backseat to beats. Any rapper with a hot beat will become popular because they have hundreds of people downloading their song. But who actually remembers the club songs they listened to in 2000 or earlier, not many. But like rock & roll, I don�t think rap is going anywhere soon. The real artists will last, biggie, tupac, my children�s children will know who they are, not soldaboy. Rock as well; nobody will remember the **** songs that last on the radio for two months then disappear. Classics will endure. I wouldn�t be surprised if Dave Mathews Band and Sublime are listened to 50 years from now. But popular music will always have its critics, nobody makes music like the old timers, in the previous generations� opinion, but who can say what will last the test of time, if I was alive 500 years ago I might have thought the Mona Lisa was ****, and my opinion would have been worthless, because it has endured. So who knows.-reply by bigD

Most Overrated Music ArtistsMost Overrated Music Artists

Here's my list of the most overrated music artists I've ever heard of (in no particular order).

1. Backstreet Boys

2. NSYNC

3. Justin Timberlake

4. Jennifer Lopez (No wonder she never won a Grammy Award! Her music all sounds the same with some exceptions, and her singing just isn't there! She's good as an actress and that's it.)

5. Britney Spears

6. Beyonce (Even though she can sing, I prefer Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston to her.)

7. Ciara

8. Fall Out Boy

9. Jonas Brothers

10. Paris Hilton

11. 50 Cent (No way he's not on the list; he's no Jay-Z or Kanye West)

12. Michael Bolton (He used to be good. Now he's meh...)

13. Miley Cyrus

14. Madonna (She was all right in the 1980s, but as a singer she isn't quite Michael Jackson.)

15. Ashlee Simpson (Her sister can sing WAY better!)

16. Limp Bizkit

17. Simple Plan

18. 98 Degrees

19. Linkin Park

20. Shakira

21. Christina Aguilera

22. Chris Brown

23. Rihanna

24. Katy Perry

25. Destiny's Child

Artists like Mariah, Whitney, Michael Jackson, Alicia Keys, Santana, Celine, Charice, and the like are left out of this list because they're not really overrated (except maybe MJ, but he was a musical genius).

palestranger says: eminem all the way!! he is t he most overrated artist ever.. And anything that is rnb or rap is overrated. and house and techno are too... lots of "artists" are just popular cuz girls think they're hot!!THIS IS EXACTLY TRUE! I mean take a look at The Beatles, when they were young and with no mustache girls scrambled around them; they're music composition were not that skilled and complicated until they got so much mustache and getting older, but girls didn't scramble so much after that. And then The Beatles was the only rock band to revolutionize music, you can't hear Nirvana, Scorpions, Led Zep, etc.

Every disney product ranging from Ashley Tisdale, Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus and whatever else comes out from there. Justin Bieber, wow if that child were to be anywhere around me while I was out on a drive....Artists can't help but be overrated since producers/labels in hopes of getting the next best hit tend to pick up random people.. Then they compose, auto tune and market the mediocre lyrics with catchy repetitive zombie beats. Then of course, there are the outright desperados like Lady Gaga and many hip hop whatevers...I guess it is a matter of perception in the end since many current iconic bands were not really a hoot in their time.. But I shudder at the thought of calling Bieber an icon.. No pubescent child is going to teach me about love :unsure: