xisto Community
spyshow

Graphic Designing or Programming

Which are you better In?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am a better programmer but I believe only because I've had more practise and experience in it. However if I had the time to learn graphic designing I believe I could master it more easily than programming.

Programming requires alot of patience, and knowledge in C, C+, C++. Java, etc. I have tried a little programming, and to me, it is hard. I found the graphic designing is far easier, if you know what artwork you wish to create. All you need is a paint program to create such graphics and alot of your imagination creativity. So I must conclude I find that I can do alot better with graphic designing, then I would in trying to create programs or softwares, or any text style work on webpages. I have found that if someone wants to learn to do programming, the best start would be either to go back to school, or a text based mud game source code.

I took the either as meaning both.I think that a good site designer/builder needs to be at least adequate at both. personally that is where I feel I am in both. I know html, javascript and am handy with cgi. I think, however that to be really good at site design you have to be able to conceive the entire project in your mind first. The goal is to end up with a site that performs its intended function, while at the same time, it is eye appealing. How much you understand about both aspects (programming and design) will determine how sucessful you are as a designer.I also think it is important to have a bit of marketing experience when designing a site. Where this comes into play is in the design of the site's navigation, the design of the ads, and the wording of its content.

I think I'm about even in both. I can create decent graphics, but put them to good use too!I enjoy programming more, because you can do so much more powerful things that way, and you have to be really smart, and it seems more powerful, while any dummy can do something in microsoft paint and then lay it out with frontpage or something.However, you're not going to get very far running a web page by yourself if you aren't very good at making it good-looking.