xisto Community
gokul1405241470

What OS do you use ?? was just curious about this

What OS are you presently using??  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use windows xp sp2.

I have installed fedora redhat 1 for a while but then removed it since frontpage and macromedia dreamweaver do not run on Linux (correct me if I'm wrong)

Now when I wish to use Linux I use Linux Knoppix

It is a "run from cd" os very nice (http://www.knoppix.org/)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frontpage? Try Quanta

DreamWeaver Try Quanta and Wine, with wine you can run window programm under *unix, games too.. :P

Windows XP mad.gif . I want to get a Mac, even though they're really expensive and have far less software available than for Windows. I hate Microsoft. They suck.

Why bother with a Mac...why not go for FreeBSD.
MacOSX is based on BSD, but BSD will run on your PC hardware... and in my opinion, the KDE is much better than the Mac's Desktop environment (kde.org)

or.... go Linux..... Similar to the BSD's except it has a much better name.... im not sure which is the better mascot though... the little daemon, or the penguin :P

And it seems linux is ahead of MacOS in terms of general acceptance...
the Linux Version of Doom3 was released only a month or so after the windows version... and they still havent released the Mac version... saying sumthin ? Yup.

I have a dual boot system too, I use Win XP along whit Debian GNU/Linux. Win XP is just there for some games :P I use Opera as web browser...@farrooda: Wine is nice but doesn't work often... Why would you want to run a windows application (besides games) on linux anyway? There are alternatives for dreamweaver you know :P

I have always used windows and for about a year now i have known that Linux is probably better but I don't think it it worth the effort to change. Linux is so much more secure and stable and if anyone asked me what to get i would suggest Linux long before i let them try windows.

for my desktop, I use win2k and use it mainly as a gaming/number crunching machine.For my laptop, I use a mac since it doesn't ever crash, get viruses, or other such problems, plus it gets about 5 hous of battery life even when Im doing work on it. I mainly use my laptop for getting work done and handling stuff at school, so these things are important. Other than that, I do graphics work, which macs are fantastic for.

Hey All,At home, 100% *nix based, no windows software at ALL. Unfortunately, at work I have to use win2000. Funny thng is they use all unix servers at work (large gov. agency). For the past 2 years I have managed, without fail to do everything on my *nix machines that I did on my win ones ... sometimes, even better. A good example is connecting my digital camera. ON my work machine this proved to be a royal pain but on the *nix machines ... no prob.Plus, I enjoy actually learning while I'm using whereas I feel windows is a true IDIOTBOX.cheersdr. hashbangcyberanthropologistfreebsd firewallmandrake 10.0 desktopknoppix 3.5 desktop

well i use Windows 2000 with Nt Technology. It is pretty reliable and doesnt crash like all of those other operating systems. Also i like it because it is very simple and very easy to use.