xisto Community
gokul1405241470

What OS do you use ?? was just curious about this

What OS are you presently using??  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

your poll is difficulte, because i have many computer. To my office, i have a computer with windows 2000/Linux (fedora), a file server with samba. But i use my computer with windows 2000, 95% of time.To my home, i have a computer with windows XP home, and a computer with windows 2000/linux (mandrake 10)

I have XP and love it! I used to have ME which was really bad! It crashed and got Worms and Viruses so easily. XP has never crashed for me yet and I love love it! I like the User account and fast switching in XP. Thats really nice. XP is the best OS ever I'd say after using a Windows ME computer for 4 years.

I have XP and love it!  I used to have ME which was really bad!  It crashed and got Worms and Viruses so easily.  XP has never crashed for me yet and I love love it!  I like the User account and fast switching in XP.  Thats really nice.  XP is the best OS ever I'd say after using a Windows ME computer for 4 years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After using windows ME for 4 years no wonder you think windows XP is the best thing since sliced bread. I hate to tell you this but it isn't. Admittedly it is alot better than the other Windows versions but it still crashes periodically (I see you said yours hasn't yet which is very strange, how much have you used it?) and often gets spyware etc. Although I don't use it I still firmly believe that the best OS is linux (haven't decided on the best distro yet) mainly for it's stability/security.

My newest computer has Microsoft Office Professional XP though I can't really tell the difference between Professional and Home. I was disappointed when I first downloaded it in because some of the microsoft programs were missing (i.e. microsoft front page). Then I had to dig around the house for my other Windows CD's and install the programs that the package didn't include. I have also used Windows 2000 with NT Technology; not bad. I can barely remember how Windows 1995 and 1998 works, due to my bad memory. =_=I agree with shaldengeki on the fact that he hasn't switched to Linux because Windows works fine with him/her (sorry!). And yes, I have heard of the pros of Linux (as well the cons) and may consider switching to it in the future.

Front page doesn't come with windows.  Nor does anything really, except IE(which shouldn't count).  If you want free bundled software go with linux or mac.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True that. I don't know a lot about Linux's free software, but Mac OS X comes with some great software. iLife is awesome and if you buy a Mac mini, then you can get iLife, Quicken, and a few other cool applications.