xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dissipate

Information About Fat (food fat)

Fats are not all bad and unhealthy. There are good fats and bad fats. Having good fats can increate your strength, energy, fat burning, muscle-building hormones, improve insulin function, skin and strengthen your joints. Having bad fats can increase your cholesterol, fat storage and clog your arteries.There are three types of fatty acids - saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids.Saturated fats raise cholesterol and are harmful to us. They do not have essential fatty acids which we need.Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats actually lower blood cholesterol levels and contain essential fatty acids which are healthy.The two essential fatty acids we require are Omega 6 and Omega 3.

I thought I was gonna read about methods in which operating systems use to keep track of files (file allocation table), speaking of which longhorn is getting new one Winfs, (I think something to do with sql). Your post was interesting though, but most of us are wandering what foods have good fats and which foods have bad fats.

Cool now we have a biology teacher! :)Heh, I was a doctor before but I never thought of posting my knowledge on medicine and science on this forum before. This is a great idea, thanks dissipate...

Hahahaha! :) Thanks, that reminded me to keep eating healthy foods. I thought it was something about FAT32 and stuff. I was kinda surprised seeing something like that in here.

Haha, he really influenced the google ads on the right of this page! All of them are about fatty acids and other fat substances lol...Heh, who wants a topic on protein XD...

I've read that Obesity is on the rise in many parts of the world, especially developed countries like the US and European countries. What are you doing to prevent yourself from becoming obese? If you're obese, what do you intend to do? Share your views?I'll start first.I'm not sure why, but I just cna't seem to grow fat even after eating lots of things. The doc says I've high metabolism. So i guesss im fortunately in that sense!

:) It's sugar that's bad for you.. I eat a lot of olive oil & olives & they say that the peoples with the longest lifespan [Greeks] eat an average of about 1 cup of it a day. It's all in their food & stuff

hehehe i should have put fat (food fat, not file allocation table) in the topic.

most of us are wandering what foods have good fats and which foods have bad fats

saturated fats are found butter, chocolate, cheese, egg yolk, the fat in meat, coconut oil, palm oil and palm kernel oil.

polyunsaturated fats are found in almonds, walnuts, pecans, flax, fish, soybean oil, sunflower oil and safflower oil.

monounsaturated fats are found in peanuts, pecans, cashews, natural peanut butter, avocados, olives and olive oil.

essential fatty acids (omega 3 and omega 6) are found in all monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.

eric straven: :P i wasn't actually sure if it was ok, but i didn't have anything else to post in the "what is" forum that i'd consider educational and beneficial.

jcguy: i'm from asia, and i lift in the gym three times a week and do cardio 3-5 times a week, at least 30 minutes each time.

yeah you are fortunate having high metabolism lol, unless you're trying to bulk.

kraizii88z: i agree about what you said about sugar. people are guzzling cans of soda and fruit juice not really knowing how much sugar and how many calories they actually contain. i remember a report in the newspapers saying that people eat as much as they do whether they have water or soda.

yup olive oil contains tons of good fat. if you're watching your calorie intake though, be careful. 1 gram of fat = 9 calories, compared to the 4 calories 1 gram of protein or carbs contain.

kraizii88z

Yeah, I am learning all about this stuff in health class. Very interesting... I learned that if don't eat enough and have enough fat, then you can break your bones by even just sitting down. =0 now thats scary...