xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

A Question about Your host Questions need to be Answered

I'm sorry but I'm just a new member here. I'm tired of my current host due to downtimes that is why I'm shifting here. I read the intro and all info., posts on Xisto and Xisto. However, there are some questions of me that is not yet answered here. I hope someone will answer it.Here it goes:These questions also APPLIES TO Xisto AND ASTAHOST1. What kind of physical connection do you have to the Internet? And how many hops are you to the backbone?2. Do you use any UPS incase of power outages?3. Do you guarantee that your hosting service will be up for a long time if not forever by means of just using ads?4. When did you create Xisto? And could you tell me statistics or percentage of your server uptimes since then? Did you experience any severe downtimes since you started this free hosting deals?Below will be my personal questions:1. I'm planning to post 10 GOOD POSTS. But I won't apply for the hosting yet, let's say I'll be away for about a month and then I'll apply. Will be the last month's 10 post counts to get starter package?2. I'll be using a subdomain first but can I shift to a domain hosting without reposting again?3. You did not state on this website about how many storage and bandwidth do I get with my starters package?Sorry for the long questions. I hope it will be answered.

1. What kind of physical connection do you have to the Internet? And how many hops are you to the backbone?

At Xisto, we only purchase the highest quality parts. The servers configuration is (current) Pentium 4 (XEON) x 4, 2 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drives. The servers are located in a World Class Datacenter with 10 independent bandwidth suppliers for over 12Gbps of bandwidth. All connections do not go over 60% usage, providing unmatched reliability and speed.

2. Do you use any UPS incase of power outages?

To guard against local power failures, our servers utilize two industrial-grade, three phase Liebert UPS systems. These act as back-up batteries, maintaining uninterrupted power in case of surges or power outages. With these backup systems in place, we can keep our network up and running indefinitely without relying on external power.

3. Do you guarantee that your hosting service will be up for a long time if not forever by means of just using ads?

Yes! We have vast strategies here and we do no depend only upon ADs. However, Advertisements are our major source of income. Have you noticed, Xisto does not have google ads, we lost them since we were disabled. If we were like other hosts, we would have been closed by now.

4. When did you create Xisto? And could you tell me statistics or percentage of your server uptimes since then? Did you experience any severe downtimes since you started this free hosting deals?

Yes, We do have downtimes, but at a max of 15 mins. We give DATA Security, Storage and Safety the First Priority. Then comes the Uptime. So, we RUN Complete system backup process in a week due to which Server's may be affected for 15 mins. Uptime is guarenteed to be above 99.5%. Usually we have a 99.99%.

Below will be my personal questions:

1. I'm planning to post 10 GOOD POSTS. But I won't apply for the hosting yet, let's say I'll be away for about a month and then I'll apply. Will be the last month's 10 post counts to get starter package?

Yes, It will count though. However, we have cleared the fact that, you must be active at the forums. We track member's performance at the forums. We won't tolerate member's who are active only once a week and then disappear or member's who make 100 posts in a day and Disappear for the rest of the month. We need your sincere contribution. Especially, we want you to contribute your knowlegde and opinions. This not only helps us with the AD revenue but also builds up our community. Which is the main reason for which we started this Another site.

2. I'll be using a subdomain first but can I shift to a domain hosting without reposting again?

NO. You will need an additional 15 posts to delete your existing account and rebuild a new one. You will lose your files and folders. Your PACKAGE would be RETAINED and you directly start off with our MAIN package.

3. You did not state on this website about how many storage and bandwidth do I get with my starters package?

20 mb space and 500 mb BW.

Thank you for answering the questions.Could I add some more questions:1. In case of a support, whom should I e-mail to? Is it limited by forums?2. How many employees (someone incharge) on Xisto and Xisto do you have all in all? And do you accept new jobs?3. I know that posting in the forums won't earn you money but how do your ads work? I know that clicking on them will make you earn money but don't you think the same person clicking the same ads many times a day will be useless?

1. In case of support, you can email me, OpaQue, mastercomputers, or any of the Admins. You can get our email addresses through our profile pages or you can ask for our addresses by sending any of us a PM.2. We have about 18-22 employees on Xisto and Xisto. We are currently accepting moderator applications for Xisto.3. The google ads are pay per click but if they find out that the same person is <- snipped -> many times a day, Google will disable that person's Ad-Sense. So please <- snipped -> you are interested in, not just random ones. I don't know about the banner ads though...}