xisto Community
deivid1405241470

How we see a web page...

Actually, there are no rules in designing in an artistic sense.

In commerical art/design, designing is not just for beauty.

It must be pleasant, appealing to target users and practical.

We have to consider how people react to certain objects, shapes and colors to achieve positive results.

I can continue in a long paragraph but the above should be enough to let you know the difference and why.

Need more points of views?

Let me know.

Dun want to waste your effort reading what you may not like.

Thanks for your time!

Hi r3d,Went into the link you had suggested.It seems very help and lots of information.Althought, i did not read any passage yet but it seems like a good source for anyone who want to know something about web designing.If you have more of this type of site please post it here.To all people who is viewing this forum please check out the sites posted here and comment it.Thanks!

Very interesting indeed, r3d, I'll read through it once I have some time :)

Well, I think that you shouldn't stick to some rules when you make a design, because the dsign of your web page is something yours, something individual.

The best way to make make your site remarkable is to make it DIFFERENT. (And it's just the same in business. You know, the business is actually creating differencies, which should be considered to be the useful qualities of the product by the customers).

But how can you make something different when you use templates, that are always the same?

(Though article is useful anyway) )))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Total ditto.

Though, the article did may say "wow." :) Simply because it seems so implausible to track a common eye movement across the screen (and SO COMPLEX A MOVEMENT?!) Yeah no wonder everyone's saying it seems a bit unrealistic, so don't take it as a fact, but as something to think about. I don't think the researchers meant it as anything more than an interesting point, since they tested so small a group.

But if you think about it, the pattern isn't that surprising. We grow up reading from left to right, then up to down (at least, in the Western world, we do). So naturally we start from the upper left hand corner. Next thing I do is scan the whole screen if there is something interesting going on, so that would be the zigzagging down. And then maybe a flourish to the top, summing up the page's content in your mind. Hah, at least that's how I figure. :)

But that's all irrelevant in some page designs (yours, maybe? :) ) because say you have a blank page with a blinking element in one corner, so the person's eye is going to zoom to that, and stay and watch that... I dunno, you should use this to think about what NOT to do, or how you can do things DIFFERENTLY. :)

Sorry, I ramble.

At the very least, web designers should place important elements of their webpages at the particular area as shown in this study where visitors put their eyes on first. This ensures that your important message is picked up immediately by most of the visitors. I think later movements of the eyes are not as important as the first place the eyes are placed on when viewing a website.

wow this is really helpful! it may help me in my computer science courseworks and it will help me in my website design. mine is currently monochrome blue... so it isnt really eye catching isit....