xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chickenside

What is Your Processor ?

What is your processor?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have an AMD duron 1300 had to downgrade after I fried my xp1800 :) working on getting new athlon64 + msi board sometime any one have one? if so, is it as g=reat as ppl say they are?

I guess so but its a real power hog and it needs a really good cooler. I wouldn't even try overclocking that thing.Other than that my laptop has an AMD Athlon XP-m 2200+ (1.8GHz Thunderbird core. 128KB L1 cache/256KB L2 cache)FSB? hmm I tend to forget about AMD's processors' FSB speed... isn't it something like 233MHz? 266MHz?

I'm using AMD Duron 1.1 Ghz. Been using it for about 2-3 years now? Works fine for me, as long as my computer runs smoothly, I don't need to buy a new one. Forgot about my L1/L2 Cache size and the FSB size...

It seems only me use Celeron, my processor is 1.7Ghz. The main reason I choose just because it's a Intel processor, maybe more stable than others. I choose Celeron because it is the very cheap one.However, its performance is not very good.

AMD Athlon 2600+ Barton here. I use the cooler that came with it and haven't had any problems with heat. My case is is big and I use two cooler on the back.My 2nd computers (which is actually still on pieces on my dining table...) processor is Athlon Thunderbird 1200 and it tends to get quite hot as those thunderbirds all did. Whenever I put that machine together I'll probably have to underclock or come up with better cooling for it. Especially as the plan is to use it as a machine that I have running 24/7.

what type of CPU genetate few heat? I hate heat CPU. :)

my laptop is Intel PIII 1G, is not good, always hot. can any one recommend a lower heat CPU?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Technically the Pentium III 1GHz is generally a lot cooler than Pentium 4s and athlons and they consume not a lot of power. :)

Celerons... you really shouldn't use them at all... They are essentially pentium 4s with a quarter of the cache. Performance is dull on them and you're much better off getting an athlon at the same speed for a MUCH MUCH cheaper price

I still am using old PII 350. Although the prices are down by much and they always keep comming up with new and faster CPU. Its really hard to decide when to upgrade.

I still am using old PII 350. Although the prices are down by much and they always keep comming up with new and faster CPU. Its really hard to decide when to upgrade.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehehe. Johnny, why don't you wait around 10 years more. I'm sure computers will be easier to get, very cheap and very fast. Just stick with your current computer specs. :)

Well, my processor is a Pentium 4. But the lowest end, that is, only 1.5 Ghz. The L1/L2 cache and FSB, sorry I forgot but there's only one kind of P4 1.5Ghz I think. I've been using it for 2 yrs now. I have another computer and it is running Pentium III 933Mhz. Not that fast but using it for 3 yrs now. I don't need any cooler with my P4 and P3.

And yes, Pentium is more reliable than Athlons. The only disadvantage is it is more expensive. But I still recommend that you use Athlon. Why? Because the heat isn't much an issue. When it is damaged, buy another one. The lifespan of athlon I believe will be at least 5-10 yrs. By that time, processor will become cheaper and faster. Also Windows XP SP2 has some additional Virus capability when used on the latest Athlon processors.

The 1.5GHz Pentium 4 was in the first batch of Pentium 4 releases. 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5GHz versions were released... I also saw some 900MHz versions too.They have 16KB of Trace execution L1 cache and 256KB of L2 cache. On the contraty Athlons (thunderbird) have 128KB of L1 cache and 256KB of L2 cache.And hyper threading only improves performance in some cases... the most you'll get in average is about 3-5% more performance but that's like a small amount of performance improvement for people to use the feature