xisto Community
xavierduan

extract zip files online

when we will send many folders and file upload, we zip them first and extract them online.i found the cpanel file manager can not extract the .rar files, so i use a unzip software,but it does not work well.how do you deal with it?

For RAR files get either PowerArchiver or WinRAR. Should be quite easy to find with a simple good search and I believe that there are atleast free trial versions available of both of them.

I know you can with some ftp programs, you just upload it onto your server and I forgot how to extract it from there. I just know you can. I dunno, maybe try right clicking.

Can you restate your problem? I don't really understand what you mean. If you mean extracting the files after downloading them, you can download WinRAR from the internet and extract .RAR files. If you want to extract files ON the server after uploading them... well I really don't know why you would want to do that. If you archive them as ZIP files in the file uploader you can extract them

Can you restate your problem? I don't really understand what you mean. If you mean extracting the files after downloading them, you can download WinRAR from the internet and extract .RAR files. If you want to extract files ON the server after uploading them... well I really don't know why you would want to do that. If you archive them as ZIP files in the file uploader you can extract them

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah...winrar is the best for this issue... http://winrarindia.in/

i know the problem and have a solution!!!at home i have an ftp client, so it's no problem to upload 100 files or so. but at school, i have to use the webbased ftp of the host... that's what i thought!!!check out net2ftp.com fill out the ftp details, connect, wait a littlethen choose upload. you can upload gz & zip files and they are decompressed and the files are sent to the ftp serverit even creates folders and subfolders!!!!so you'd have to unrar the files with winrar (or winace works too) and then zip them (using the zip in windows xp or again winrar (or winace :)) and then upload the zipmake sure your zip isn't too big! files bigger than 2mb hardly ever work. i think net2ftp has a limit of 500kb, which is more than enough for quite some html files and some pictures.

Our file manager also has the capability for extracting zip files online. Check our the filemanager in the cpanel and hunt for uploading stuff.. Upload a zip file .. select it and click extract. Easy as it is.

I think soleimanian is talking about how to extract zip online, it's much faster than upload a whole directory with a lot of files. For example if you want a new version or modified version of phpnuke it has approximately 1274 files and 119 folders with a size of 5.44 Mb. But for every file and folder, the ftp client use commands to upload and create files taking a long time. But if you compress the directory with winzip, now upload one file it's much faster than 1274 files.Then go to the Control Panel, Site Managment Tools, File manager, go to to where you uploaded the zip file, click in zip file and in the right corner appears a menu with the options :Show File ContentsExtract File ContentsDelete FileEdit FileChange PermissionsRename FileCopy FileMove FileNow click in extract contents and the zip file will be extracted.Greets Deivid