xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Troop107-Admin

FTP

Go ahead and use SmartFTP. I had the same problem as you while trying to access my website VIA internet exploder. SmartFTP works great. In the website address spot type in your webadress and then next to it, the password. CLick on connect and you should be fine =)

ftp.astahost.com doesn't give me acess to my files?

I doesn't ask me for my login info

HELP!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just because it doesnt ask for a username doesnt mean you cant login !

i cant try this myself cos im busy uploading my knoledge and waiting for people to ask questions i can have sum space !

anyways... when you connect to ftp the command "help" will list the commands available to you.

hopefully the user command will be available.... run this command with your username as a parameter

"user myusername"

you should then be prompted for your password... BO SELECTA ! ur logged in.

just because it doesnt ask for a username doesnt mean you cant login !

i cant try this myself cos im busy uploading my knoledge and waiting for people to ask questions i can have sum space !

anyways... when you connect to ftp the command "help" will list the commands available to you.

hopefully the user command will be available.... run this command with your username as  a parameter

"user myusername"

you should then be prompted for your password... BO SELECTA ! ur logged in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

use a free ftp client... coffecup works gr8

i reckon that FileZilla is the best free ftp client... and it's opensourceif you have problems connecting to your ftp, try it without the ftp. at the start, eg. stickboarder.info instead of ftp.stickboarder.info (because sometimes, for some reason putting ftp. at the start doesn't work). Failing that, you can try logging on using http://www.net2ftp.com/ and accessing it through that