xisto Community
soleimanian

Speed up your windows and Pc!

I donno watever u guys are speaking about .. i heard about the softwares u were speaking and adding hardwares ...but i can not afford adding hardware to my laptop ..nor can i afford removing some instances that i do not need ..the laptops allways have a bunch of small applications which can not be stopped or .. which can just be removed ...infact the best way to speed up ur PC is to switch it off :) and start working manually :)

How much faster will my PC go? I just tried it and my PC is the same as always and that is slower than Christmas. Do I need some kind of program?

Speed up your windows and Pc!
Right click on " My Computer" and select " Properties" .
Go to " Performance" and click on " File System".
In "Settings" section change " Desk Top Computer" to " Network Server"

Setting 'File System' to 'Network Server' makes your computer faster because it optimizes the file system. More data is cached when reading from the disk, so reading in files is faster. Does anyone know other ways to speed up my computer, as some of the stuff i do on it is really slow (Pentium II 350mHz w/Windows 98 SE)

daniel

Setting 'File System' to 'Network Server' makes your computer faster because it optimizes the file system. More data is cached when reading from the disk, so reading in files is faster. Does anyone know other ways to speed up my computer, as some of the stuff i do on it is really slow (Pentium II 350mHz w/Windows 98 SE)

daniel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will there be other trade off setting the File System to "Network Server" when you are not really a network server?

You mentioned that more data is cached when reading from the disk and thus will be faster. Some questions popped up in my mind as I just studied file management systerm. What I know is that you still have a fixed amout of cache in your computer, so caching more data doesn't make any sense as some other data in the cache will have to be removed from the cache for thie 'more data' to be written to the cache.

wow dude that helps a lot i needed to speed up my computer as well cause mine is only a 500mhz on a celeron so i really needed to know that information. im sure other people will like it to