xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xelloss

Best php editor? tell me?

I have used Vi for several years - specifically, I use Vim. A great general text editor, with syntax highlighting for hundreds of programming languages. It does have a steep learning curve, but once you get over the hump I find it is the most intuitive application I've ever used, hands down.

dzsoft and editplus rocks.

Personally I feel that it's high time that we get an editor which will simultaneously show us the output ie. we'll not be needing to use APACHE or IIS or PWS to view the results !!.

Is anybody interested in such a project ?? If so do PM me and we can sort things out.

Personally, I prefer Zend Studio bundled with Dreamweaver. I write scripts/snippets using Zend Studio and I either Hand-Code or use Dreamweaver's WYSIWYG editor for the Design. If you're really serious about PHP and if you use OOP, Zend Studio is the way to go! :P

It's not free though. lol

If you're really serious about PHP