xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joshthegreat

My Site Template Like it?

Yeah I'm definitly getting a new banner. But I only ever got a trail of photoshop so I'll have to wait and get one of my friends to make me one. The links are getting fixed. But I've only done the 'Beginner' section of Trick-Tips so it's still a working progress. Just wanted to know if people liked the general look of it. Glad you think it's good work.

You should reduce the size of the text and get rid of the link hover cursor style (I'm talking about the resize cursor that pops up when you go over a link. The normal hand with the index finger looks fine).Besides that, the layout looks pretty neat.

Anyone got any idea of what I could do the layout of it? Any suggestions that might spruce up the look? But one thing, I'm not changing the green. A new banner is on it's way, but I feel there is something missing, at it just needs someone to tell me what it needs...

A nice little site, I tested out the poll, but it doesn't work, only pop-ups up outlook (or maybe you didn't intend it to work in the first place). Anyways, I think that font it self is a bit too big, and you should add some cell padding to your content table, beacsue right now, you text is touching to the very edge of the border. I'm a bit sketchy with the font character, try testing out the template in verdana.all in all, a very nice site.-whyme

It's a good start. I might suggest you look around the web for ideas for small design ideas. Accents i mean, like small arrows borders around cells and stuff. If it were me, i would move the links from the left side to the right just to be different and less mouse movement. Most people are right handed anyway.
round

The texts are a bit too big i think and, i think you should work on your banner so it blends a bit better with your site. those two are my only suggestions.

It's not supoosed to be fully functional yet at all. I am getting a new banner some time. But I may have to make a not so great one in Unlead Gif Animator because I don't have photoshop at the moment.Do you guys mean the main content area text size? A little bit of cellpadding to the little content cells in the middle sounds a good idea. I'll try that out and see what it looks like. Links on the right side...? I don't know. One of my friends did that on his site and it didn't really look all that great. I think I'll keep them on the right.I was already going to change the cursor style over the links because I was starting to click that it does look pretty lame.Thanks for all your comments guys! Keep 'em coming if you have any ideas.