xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Check Writing/printing Software

Since it's Thanksgiving, and a beautiful day, I took today off and worked out side, but for the last 2 days before I have been driving myself crazy trying to find something to replace my old Versa Check program. At first I started looking around online just to see what was available, because there are some design flaws in my Versa Check program I don't like, can't get the 2 lines spaced out far enough to hardly write out the amount on the check where you write out the number of the amount. Anyway, so far I have downloaded 3 different programs and none of them are worth a hoot. The second one I downloaded had a drop down list of banks and no way to type in your own bank, and most of the banks on the list were foreign banks, like the bank of India or other weird places that I hadn't ever even heard of. The first one I tried did most of everything I wanted, but in the trial version many of the options weren't available, and I'm not one much for paying for something I can't use anyway.

All I really need is a program that will print out blank checks for me. . Don't even really need one that will keep my balance and all that stuff. I'd really rather not have that kind of information on my computer anyway. 3 to a page for the printing. I already have the check paper that is designed that way. The last program I downloaded I can only get it to print one check at the top of the page. I have really been tearing my hair out over this one. And now it seems that I am stuck and have to find a new program. I thought I could just go back to my old Versa Check program, but come to find out, it is not compatible with my new computer. So I can't even install the old program.

Sure could use some good suggestions here.

I think I might have some software that you could use. It's a project I thought would help pay some of my bills when I was an independent contractor and was looking for additional revenue streams. As you have noticed, most check writing software is designed to work with checks from specific banks because the software author never saw the checks of other banks. Drop me a PM and we can work something out.
BTW, why do you want to have the checks printed rather than hand-written? Are mistakes in writing out checks common enough for you to need a check printing software? The selling points for most check printing software are the elimination of errors when writing checks, keeping track of the balances, and maintaining a history of issued checks. If the first two are something that you do not really need, you can use the first/last leaf of the check book, which contains a table for maintaining a history of issued checks.

Ok, I don't need the whole check printed out, I just want to have checks like you can order on line or buy from the bank with my name address, bank information, all that stuff on them. I would still hand write them out, I would use them for pay checks, or to send them down with my hubby when he goes to pick up a load of dog food. I don't even really want my banking information on the computer, let alone keep my balances and that stuff on the computer.

I finally gave up on looking for software and just ordered some preprinted checks. What I should of done is put my old computer in the shop and get it fixed, so I can still use all my old programs. But anyway, I don't write all that many checks so I have enough to last for a long long time.