xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
k_nitin_r

Third-World Driving

Was there ever a time when you acted as a good samaritan but got penalised for it? That's exactly what happens when you drive carefully, avoid accidents, and give way to pedestrians in third-world nations. I have on numerous occasions been given a ticket for "obstructing traffic" either because a pedestrian stepped onto the road and I slowed down to let him/her off get all the way across the road instead of cutting him/her off, or because I gave way to oncoming traffic instead of overtaking a stopped vehicle. There are even pedestrians who tried to cross roads at junctions when the traffic light turned red and they want to hold me at fault for not frightening off the pedestrians and forcing them to step back by approaching them at a high speed. Apparently, the laws are made for the rich who go well over the speed limit in high priced vehicles, run over pedestrians and pay their way out of it, and turn to bribery if ever confronted by the policemen.

Man, that really sucks! Guess it hold true the old saying about how no good deed goes unpunished.

So.... do you get a ticket if you run over someone that is dumb enough to step out in front of you?