xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Where Is It?

Ok, I give up. Can't find it. Everything in Windows 7 is rearranged just enough to drive me crazy. But the one thing I can't find a trace of is the the little down arrow next to the back or forward button that gives you a drop down list of the last several pages you've been on so you don't have to back up one page at a time, you can jump several pages at one click. I used that one a lot, handy little thing, but no clue as to where it is on windows 7.

I think I know what you are talking about. If I were to visit Google.com, then go to Yahoo.com, and end up on Bing.com, I used to be able to click on a dropdown next to the back button to go directly from Bing.com to Google.com without going to Yahoo.com. They still have that feature, but it is now operated by holding the mouse button down on the back button for about a second for the dropdown list to appear. It's a context menu invoked by a long mouse down operation. They wanted to save a few pixels so they decided to change the way that it works. I'm pretty sure they got the idea from observing Apple and Android devices where you have to hold your finger down to get a context menu.

Hey, that works! Thanks! So much more aggravations I'm now saved from!

Just makes me wonder how many cool tricks there are out there that I'm too dumb t know about that would help me out so much if I did know.