xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Corey

Boot

when my computer boots...it stops on "wlcome" screen....and i have to wait few minutes to work normaly i windows...what could be the problem...driver...installed software...any idea? :D

Have you got a "copy" of windows XP? Cause it's a known problem with copied/illegal windows XP discs...

It could also be that you have a start-when-boot file on your computer that eats up your CPU completely, wich is usually spyware, get yourself ad-aware and search for spyware, if that doesn't fix your problem you can try a system restore

also, Sourced from Styx (fellow member)

if it's because of problems with Windows XP, check out http://www.blackviper.com/

he has a great list of what to disable and get rid of in XP.

i must have boosted my computer speed by 25% just doing the safe mode tweaks.

And if that doesn't work, you can try to tweak your comp with probably the most advanced (free) tweaker, X-Setup Pro

dunno if you're on a network, but my computer would use 100% CPU for a few minutes when it started up. the problem was svchost.at that time i never got around to actually fixing the problem, but i would right away open ttask manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and kill the process. it would start right up again, but not hogging any resource that time.

Everyone has svchost as their system process in WinXP, and there are not many that have their svchost eating up their CPU like that, all that it could mean is that some spyware/adware can be using the process to startup or deliberately targeting that process to screw you up

Well you cant kill all the svchost, one of them will always be running if your useing the internet with a Cat 5e cable or on a network. I would try booting windows in safe mode and running a virus scan and a spyware scan. If that doesnt do it for you then try going back a couple restore points.

svchost creates problems for me sometimes while browsing the net. I think your problem is something to do with windows software. Spyware I don't know. Why does spyware need to run on boot?

Adware is a new method of advertisers to be able to reach its potential clients, because most banners don't get clicked anymore nowadays, adware are files that give the advertiser the option to automatically show you a popup once in a while, even if you dont browse the net, an agressive way of advertising.

Spyware is made to get the users information, but there are alot of people that don't actually "hack", but just spyware nuke you, they make their spyware so it targets certain processes and sometimes even corrupt files, this kind of spyware are actually called Malicious Spyware

Spyware doesn't NEED to run on boot, but if a spyware creator makes the file to target a WinXP boot process, the spyware gets run together with the process, meaning it runs on boot.

svchost creates problems for me sometimes while browsing the net. I think your problem is something to do with windows software. Spyware I don't know. Why does spyware need to run on boot?

55862[/snapback]

ya my old computer did that too what exactly is the svchost??? i always had problems with that and the computer would usually automatcally shut down, even after i re-installed the os it kept on becoming a problem.

I googled for the process information and this is what I come across too:

svchost.exe is a system process belonging to the Microsoft Windows Operating System which handles processes executed from DLLs. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated. Note: svchost.exe is a process which is registered as the W32.Welchia.Worm. It takes advantage of the Windows LSASS vulnerability, which creates a buffer overflow and instigates your computer to shut down. To see more information about this vulnerability please look at the following Microsoft bulletin: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/n/MS04-011.mspx This is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.

Doesn't sound like Microsoft took good care of the vulnerability of this process, if it has a registered worm, the security for this BOOT process seriously low..

when my computer boots...it stops on "wlcome" screen....and i have to wait few minutes to work normaly i windows...
what could be the problem...driver...installed software...

any idea

according to the problem you mentioned,you should cancel the welcome screen when booting in the account of xp control panel first.if nothing happen,you should to check svchost and close the prefetch feature of windows by regedit.

Have you got a "copy" of windows XP? Cause it's a known problem with copied/illegal windows XP discs...

It could also be that you have a start-when-boot file on your computer that eats up your CPU completely, wich is usually spyware, get yourself ad-aware and search for spyware, if that doesn't fix your problem you can try a system restore

also, Sourced from Styx (fellow member)

And if that doesn't work, you can try to tweak your comp with probably the most advanced (free) tweaker, X-Setup Pro

55793[/snapback]

no...it's not about that...

i had the same WinXp (MCE 2005) installed on my old computer and didn't have this kind of problems...

know i bought S939 motherboard(and a processor..) and i have all kinds ofproblems with it...and this is one of them...

...other are for example....

...it can't boot sometimers ( i mean it stops at beegining.....motherboard logo..)

...i have to wait on welcome screen

...and the bigest *BLEEP* of all is that it freezes very often....and i have to punch the computer to unfreeze....it's crazy...

i've reinstalled WinXP and formated the disk a couple of times...and same thing every time.....

i've updated BIOS and it helped a little but it still freezes...

what can i do....??

p.s.

i have shity Power supply......can that be a reason of my problems..

yes, a power supply that's too weak can make your OS "sticky".another thing on the topic of svchost:if you kill 2 many, or the wrong one, NT security authority automatically shuts down your computer within a minute. it also shuts down your computer when you're being hacked bad. if you're sure you're the one who caused it, to avoid have to reboot your system, do this: Start>Run then type the following: shutdown -aand it will kill the shutdown process.it's been a relief to not have to lose everything i was working on to that.