xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
comp2

Psa About Hydration

We are getting into some warm months and I would like to remind people to drink plenty of water.

Keeping yourself hydrated with water and sports drinks can help prevent dehydration and possible Urinary tract infections. Women are especially prone to getting urinary during the summer time.

Avoid soft drinks and you should limit your tea intake as tea acts as a natural diuretic

Very good advise. Many people don't take in near enough water any time of year, let alone in the summer when you need even more. I know when hubby and I got together I used to worry about him a lot, he was one of those people that drink maybe 2-3 cups of coffee a day and maybe half a glass of water. If that was all I drank I'm sure I would dry up and blow away. He's doing a lot better now, and I think it makes him feel better, not that he would admit that I was righ tof course.

I personally drink a lot of fluid, though most of it is ice tea. Probably a gallon and a half per day. And I usually drink a little water first thing in the morning, and a big glass at night before bedtime to take my vitamins. So I think I keep myself pretty well hydrated.

And while we are doing public service announcments, let me remind all of you that it's not only humans that need lots of water in the summer. Don't forget to make sure all of your pets have clean fresh water available to them all day too!