xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
comp2

The Age Old Iphone Vs Android

This is a debate all over the internet talked about by many, but I would like to see some feedback from the KS users. I personally use Android for my cell phone but I am not one of the Apple haters. I own an iPad for "work" it's mainly for play. In my opinion I lean toward the Android family. I love the use of widgets and the choose of devices. Most of the negative feedback for Android is due to cheaply made phone from select manufactures. If you pay for a cheap phone your going to probably get a cheap phone. I personally look at reviews and specs.

Android or iOS ? it all depends, One of the important things which it depends on is a simple question "Where you live ?"Of course in US many can go for iOS because they can use all of it and they can get it for a small amount of money within their contracts but if we go to other countries then what happens ? in many countries providers will not give you a mobile phone within their contracts and you have to buy them from market. then if you look at your budget you will find out that you can easily buy some android phones while the oldest iphone available costs so much that you can not afford. so one of the key features android has is the mobile phones which are cheap enough for you to buy ! which you can not find from apple ones.The second impotant thing is itunes ! lets say we are not going to modify our phones, then in ipad /iphone you have to use itunes for nearly every thing, this maybe good for newbies but for programmers and those who want to play more with their phones this is a restriction which you can not bypass without modifying your phone and modifying it will break the warranty. but in android you don't need any specific software to connect it to your pc and you can do anything with your phone a lot more easier. actually in android you have freedom a lot more than iOS.Now lets see what made iOS to be lovely even in nonUS countries , i remember the first experience of android which was android 1.5, when i tested it the first thing which was annoying me was the smoothness, it was not smooth at all even scrolling was laggy. but iOS was great even from its first version it was smooth a lot more smooth than symbian and smoother by far than android. when most users of symbian and android in those days were seeing iPhone for the first time they just enjoy it because the OS was a lot better. This was the main advantage of iPhone, its os was a lot smoother, a lot more compatible with apps. actually this have changed in android 4.2 and jelly bean is now a lot better and smoother and as you can read in reviews with Nexus 7 it was the first time when GSMArena said this OS now can be a competitive os for iOS.So what i think is the main advantage of iOS now is a great experience its users had during the years, they never faced a laggy and unstable OS during many years of iOS development and people will never forget it. i think for android it is a little hard to get to that point but if they keep it good like 4.2 maybe someday android can become a lot better than iOS (I think now they are nearly same).There is only one big problem and it is android update support. many phones out there are completely capable of running android jellybean but they haven't got that because their manufacture like samsung or HTC didn't release any update for them. I think google has to force manufactures to release at least 3 major update (nexus series get 4 or 5 of them) and don't let them to use android if they don't want to do that.In the end i just should say The Most important thing is what you feel when you use android or iOS, the one that makes you feel better is the right one for you !

I have to agree that it all boils down to what the user wants. I think IOS is "easier" for right now as an hence you see more older iPhone users than your do older android users. My 87 year old grandmother uses iPhone and loves it along with my technology challenged mother. I personally feel that android was released to early and because of that it did leave a bad taste in some users mouths. I had a G1 when they first released with T-Mobile and really at the time could honestly say it was lacking, however since that time as stated by the above user the OS has changed and phones not have more memory and ram which allows for a better experience.