xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Kidnapping

Has anyone been following the story on the news about the little 5 year old boy that was taken off a school bus and held in an underground bunker for nearly a week in Alabama? There are a lot of questions in my mind about this story, and a great deal of what they are saying on the news doesn't make a lot of sense to me. For starters, not one word, not even a guess has been offered as to why the man did it. I'm sorry, but you don't grab a kid off a bus and kill the bus driver in the process for no reason. They talked all week about how they were giving them supplys down a vent in the bunker, and I kept wondering why they didn't just gas them but the last day of the stand off the media mentioned the vent was rigged with an explosive device that would of gone off if something was droped down it. But if it was how did they get the medicine down it that they claimed they sent to the boy. And near the end of the stand off, after people had been all over the place, they cleared everyone away and said they were looking for explosive devices around the rest of the property, but they had already been there nearly a week, shouldn't that have already been done with all those people htat had been running around there all week? But here's the thing that really puzzels me. They claim to have had some sort of camera in the bunker, and they could see the man climbing the ladder to get supplies, so they tossed in a grenade of some sort, concussion I think, while the man was climbing the ladder, but then they said as they broke in that he immediatly started shooting at them, so they shot and killed him. Now, answer me this. How can you climb a ladder to get supplys and still hold a gun? Especially right after being hit with a concusion grenage? Wouldn't you lay the gun down so you could not only climb the ladder but have a hand free to get whatever he was going after? Anyway, the little boy was save, they got him out I think just the day before his 6th birthday, so thank God for that. But all and all, this is a very strange story and I am really curious about all these inconsistant details that the media seems to be ignoring.

Hi!Your account of the incident makes me think that this may be one of those conspiracy theories. Perhaps they accidentally thought that he was involved with a terrorist network because his name came up on a no-fly-zone list and so they decided to take him off the school bus and when the bus driver tried to prevent them from taking away the kid, they shot him and left with the target. After a while, they realized that he was just a five year old who has no trigger word or any sleeper agent training and as it was too big a risk to let him free stating that a UFO had kidnapped him and returned him mysteriously to the scene of the crime, especially since the bus driver was killed rather than disintegrated into thin air or kidnapped and stuck with probes into his brain and bodily cavities.The whole deal with the Guantanamo Bay is just about as fishy as this tale - they actually kept people detained for longer than they are constitutionally permitted to, and they lacked the substantive evidence. It took them all that time just to figure out that the person was an innocent civilian and therefore had to be let free. If any immigrants were involved, I think they may have been given a green card or citizenship for having been 'guests' of the United States for so long, especially since the country has determined that they are no longer a threat to national security. Either that, or all the people who were supposedly detained in Guantanamo Bay are undercover FBI agents who were called to duty, and Guantanamo Bay is a secret facility for operations rather than a detentions facility. I guess we will never really know and the folks who do know will be taking the tale to their graves.

I heard about this... it was absolutely AWFUL! I think what made the story even worse was when I heard the guy who kidnapped the kid (and killed the bus driver) was a war veteran -- AND... he had been coping with a lot of Post tramatic stress (PTSD.) It really sucks because I feel like had he gotten the help that he needed with his post miliatry problems, this all could have been avoided. PTSD is no joke.. and even though now we know more information about it and such, there are still thousands and hundreds of people out there who were in the military a long time ago (again, before such information had been released) and thus are going untreated with the problem.

Why do you think there are so many military people out there who are currently homeless? The reason again lies on the fact with untreated PTSD... then these people don't know what to do and they either use drugs and/or alcohol to help their problem.. or they resort to anger, violence (as seen in this case.) Then the people who are using the drugs or abusing alcohol usually find theirseves in situations where they became so addicted they end up in the streets. It's really a sad, sad situation. Now.. I don't want to take away from what happened to the kid (horrendous week long ordeal.. thankful he is okay) or the bus drive who died. Again.. all of this is extremely tragic. BUT.. what I'm trying to say is if people and medical professionals (and family members) were able to realize that this guy had PTSD and tried to get him the help.. then obviously NONE of this would have occurred.

If anybody is interested in learning a little about PTSD ... check out some of these links:

www.ptsd.va.gov/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/...ptsd/index.shtml

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/post-traumatic-stress-disorder/basics/definition/con-20022540

http://www.trauma-pages.com/

http://www.vva.org/ptsd.html

bhptsd-ivil.tripod.com/docs/sites.htm

You know, it's nice to see someone reading between the lines. Your probably one of the few people who heard from the media that he was a war vetran, and instead of thinking like the media tried to imply that because of his service he was a gun toting killer that you took it as he could have the problem with PTSD.Our vetrans have always seemed to get the short end of the stick. Although things are much better for the boys coming home from the past couple wars, it was the Viet Nam vetrans that really got crapped on. Todays service men come home to happy reunions filmed by the media, parades and all kinds of welcome home celebrations, but when the boys from Nam came home they tried to smuggle them back in in the middle of the night and those that were found getting off the planes had young girls spitting in their faces and calling them baby killers. Things may be better today, but we still have a long way to go to helping our service members return to society. I'm always glad to see organizations like Wounded Warriors helping vets with their numerous problems, from tramatic injuries to problems with PTSD.