xisto Community
mamer

You?Re Making Mistakes, You?Re Learning

All learners make mistakes, and the teacher really needs to provide opportunities for learners to try out what they learnt and to make mistakes so they can learn from them. The key thing is what the teachers do about the mistakes that learners make, how to create learning opportunities from those mistakes.I think that making mistakes is an inevitable part of learning, how can you learn something new and not make mistakes? The fact that the learners are making mistakes can also be a sign that they are trying to “stretch” themselves and are actually trying to communicate. If they were over cautious about what they do and restricted themselves to doing things they knew were correct, this would be a problem. Learners need to try out real ideas and thoughts, and they will make mistakes as they try things out and experiment with what they learnt. This is all part of the learning process.What do you think?

Edited by mamer (see edit history)

LOL, I think you are absolutly right. You can't learn anything without trying it, and there just aren't that many things that you can get right the first time you try. I guess that's where the old saying comes in, "Practise makes Perfect." I wish there were ways to learn things without the inevitable mistakes, believe me. Seems I've had to learn everything the hard way, I can safely say I've been threw the school of hard knocks. Of course, those lessons learned that way do tend to stick with you a lot better. Disclaimer.One area that one must learn and do it right the first time I suppose would be sky diving??? :)