xisto Community
mrdee

Sharing Items On Facebook.

On my own website I have a page with media (video clips and sound clips) and I have other, more text based pages too.On top of every page there is a button to follow me on Twitter, and also a "Facebook social plugin" box in the menu bar of every page. (I have put a page on Facebook too).What I would like to know now is the following:On my media page, most of the clips (except for the older ones) have been embedded into my page by converting them to .flv, and then uploading them and playing them through Flowploayer, also the sound clips have been uploaded to my webspace as MP3 files, played by Quicktime.For certain reasons, I do it this way rather than putting the clips on Youtube.However, on Youtube, there is a feature which lets you share films to Facebook and other media, rather than just copying and pasting the URL of the clip.Same thing for eg. newspapers, where certain (text based) articles can be shared on Facebook and the likes.What I would like to know now is: are such plugins available to the public, so they can have a button to share their articles and/or media on social media such as Facebook?NB. I do have a website, not a blog, there is a blog part on my website, but the majority is an ordinary HTML webpage.I would be very grateful if anyone could push me into the ight direction.

mrdee, I don't know that is it right direction for you or not. Moreover, I want to share this with you.

As you written in your post that you are using Flowplayer for playing your video files. And after searching their website I find that there is a plugin for sharing videos either on facebook or on twitter or through email etc. You can find more details about this plugin at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

This plugins is well described on their page, even with its implementation example as well. I hope It would not be much difficult for you to implement it on your own webpages.

And as per concern to mp3 files sharing, I suggest you to visit http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or use flowplayer.

If you will get any problem please let me know. Hope, I will do of my best to help you.

Edited by agyat (see edit history)

OK, Agyat,

your help is very much appreciated, right now I am looking at the web pages you mentioned (Only, do not forget to put a full stop right after an URL, I got a 404 error and could not worout why at first, but then I saw the URL in the address bar said ".......html.".

Naturally it could not find the relevant website.

Anyway, there is a lot to read and a lot to learn, and it will probably require quite some changes to the code of my media page, but, nevertheless, the information looks rock solid.

Thank you ver so much for your help.

(Only, do not forget to put a full stop right after an URL, I got a 404 error and could not worout why at first, but then I saw the URL in the address bar said ".......html.".

Naturally it could not find the relevant website.

Oh! Sorry for that mistake I will take care of it next time. Actually I was thinking about to make it hyperlink of Page's title. Generally, I use hyperlink instead of posting direct page URL. Moreover, I will take care of this issue in future.

Anyway, there is a lot to read and a lot to learn, and it will probably require quite some changes to the code of my media page, but, nevertheless, the information looks rock solid.

Yes, definitely it is required to make some changes but not that much difficult to implement. And of-course it is much helpful for me, if you like, let me know about your website (i.e. what cms are you using. and of-course its link as well).

And Sorry for the mistake once again.

Edited by agyat (see edit history)